Windows 10: Windows Security - Allowed Apps crash

Discus and support Windows Security - Allowed Apps crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with Windows Security Settings. Recently I tried to remove an app from the "Allowed Apps" window, under Virus & threat protection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeremyDroz, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows Security - Allowed Apps crash

Hi, I have an issue with Windows Security Settings. Recently I tried to remove an app from the "Allowed Apps" window, under Virus & threat protection. Upon clicking remove there are few seconds of no response until the Windows Security window crashes. Opening it again shows that my changes have not taken effect. I found that any attempt to add or remove apps from this list crash the window and have no effect.

In the past I have had no problems adding and removing apps from this list, and it has only become a problem since a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping someone has had this problem before and knows how to fix it.

:)

JeremyDroz, Aug 10, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 10, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows Security - Allowed Apps crash

Explorer crashing

Sometimes 3rd party apps hanging off IE7 (in Vista) will cause this.

You could try to disable DEP protection for that app. From the Control Panel-System>Advanced Settings>Performance>Data Excecution Prevention. Add IE7 to the list and reboot.

If that doesn't work, make sure all your security settings are in good order. Mine kept crashing until I enabled Windows firewall. (Not quite sure why it was disabled by default. Plus Windows Defender needed to be started in the Services.)

Dr. Spankenstein, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security - Allowed Apps crash

1. Windows Security - Allowed Apps crash - Similar Threads - Security Allowed Apps

2. Windows Security Allowed Threats Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Allowed Threats Issue: Windows security has a threat set in the allowed list, yet every day it tells me, that it found the same threat.This is reoccurring issue.Edition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 22H2Installed on: 20-‎Apr-‎22OS build: 19045.3930Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  3. Windows Security Allowed Threats Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Allowed Threats Issue: Windows security has a threat set in the allowed list, yet every day it tells me, that it found the same threat.This is reoccurring issue.Edition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 22H2Installed on: 20-‎Apr-‎22OS build: 19045.3930Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  4. Windows Security Allowed Threats Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Security crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security crashes.: Hi microsoft. why windows defdender keep deleting the .exe of my games ? today he corrupted my 15 games and when i click on protection history and try to restore my files, windows security crashes. i need my files back.thanks...
  6. Windows Security crashes.

Windows Security crashes.: Hi microsoft. why windows defdender keep deleting the .exe of my games ? today he corrupted my 15 games and when i click on protection history and try to restore my files, windows security crashes. i need my files back.thanks...
  7. Windows Security Crashing

Windows Security Crashing: Windows Version: 22621.1702When i try to open the Windows Security Home it crashes, but other tabs like "Virus & threat protection" works just fine.And by looking into Event Viewer and Process Monitor i got to these errorsFaulting application name: MicrosoftSecurityApp.exe,...
  8. Security updates for windows 11 lead to App crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security updates for windows 11 lead to App crash: On 14 Feb 2022, Windows 11 on my PC installed Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602 - Version 1.359.188.0, Version 1.359.191.0 and Version 1.359.156.0. After this my Adobe PageMaker 7.0 started crashing with the following...
  9. Security updates for windows 11 lead to App crash

Security updates for windows 11 lead to App crash: On 14 Feb 2022, Windows 11 on my PC installed Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus KB2267602 - Version 1.359.188.0, Version 1.359.191.0 and Version 1.359.156.0. After this my Adobe PageMaker 7.0 started crashing with the following...
  10. apps are not allowed

apps are not allowed: Since 1803 whenever I try to instal anything, I get a notice it cannot be done and following is a statement about 'allowing an app'. It seems the firewall is too tight or something like that. I know nothing about this but I cannot enter an app if I don't see it when the popup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allowed apps windows crashing