Windows 10: Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

Discus and support Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with Windows Security, it doesn't working. I have NOD32 antivirus installed on my pc and everything worked great till now. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by B.G.140, Oct 8, 2020.

1. B.G.140 Win User

Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

Hi

I have a problem with Windows Security, it doesn't working.

I have NOD32 antivirus installed on my pc and everything worked great till now.

I didn't do anything special with the pc, only restarts the pc and the issue started.

At the beginning the pc run into safe mode and tell it going to disconnect me.

After that, the pc run to normal state but I lost my access to Task manager.

Now the Task manager working again but since then, the antivirus and the Windows Security not starting anymore.

What can I do?

Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus 6e4b04e8-394e-44a9-84ac-95dbc72f795a?upload=true.png

:)

B.G.140, Oct 8, 2020
  2. kjl1956 Win User

3rd party antivirus/firewall and win10

Antivirus; the attempt by Microsoft to remove (uninstall) or limit 3rd party antivirus and firewalls is truly overreach.

This action is purely designed to make the win10 systems allow Microsoft products and setting not be blocked by other software.

Automatically turning on the built in defender and windows firewall before a 3rd party product has finished updating, being completely uninstalled or temporally paused should not invoke win10 to restart its built in products, but it does infract do this.

This is true for any pc that has any win10 files including the get win10 gwx program in win7 and 8.1.

This corrupts the installation of 3rd party product's so as to not allow the program to use its full capacity, there by making the system venerable.

The only option is to have to uninstall the 3rd party software and reinstall, this can be a real pain to reconfigure on every win10 updates build.

I can only think that this is also why Microsoft is making it difficult to use any other system protection but its own.

A big step in the wrong direction.

kjl1956, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Windows Defender

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

Jsssssssss, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

1. Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus - Similar Threads - security 3rd party

2. 3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.: Hi Microsoft i have a problem with Windows defender that say microsoft defneder is turned on and my 3rd party antivirus is turned on. normally my 3rd party antivirus is turned on and microsoft defender is turned off but for some reason microsoft defender turns on when my 3rd...
  3. Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus

Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus: Basically the title, I was told that windows security doesn't even operate when you have a 3rd party anti virus installed. Is this true? I thought windows security and kaspersky for example worked back to back. Thanks :) Windows 20H2 179412
  4. Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:

Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:: If I download a 3rd party antivirus, Microsoft Defender turns itself off. How long can it remain in the off disabled mode before the software becomes outdated/corrupt and will not come back on if or when I uninstall the 3rd party antivirus? Can you leave it disabled for 6...
  5. Best 3rd party antivirus suitable for windows 10 Home Edition

Best 3rd party antivirus suitable for windows 10 Home Edition: I am using windows defender antivirus but it doesn't remove high risk trojan. My laptop got crashed 2 times during this time, I have to install window 10, so I wan't to know the best suitable 3rd party antivirus which detect high risk trojan and remove it and save my laptop...
  6. 3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke

3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke: So about a month ago I did a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 after noticing my antivirus and firewall was not working. And when I went to the security centre nothing was showing. I reinstalled windows 10 and also installed McAfee Total Protection All was working fine...
  7. 3rd party antivirus software

3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  8. Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus

Fall Creators and Files on Demand/working with 3rd party Antivirus: The Site for Files on Demand shows it may not working with some 3rd party antivirus, but wondering which ones, the folder size is the same as it was before I enabled Files on Demand, selected some to keep on Device, and some to save space on my Desktop here Using Currently...
  9. Security and Maintaince, Windows Defender, and 3rd party security

Security and Maintaince, Windows Defender, and 3rd party security: After accidentally updating to Windows 10 (If you want to know, I was trying to set it up to install a month or so later, but accidentally clicked the "install now" option. It must have been downloading in the background as, half an hour later, my computer restarts and began...
  10. System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus

System Issues, Possibly related to 3rd Party Antivirus: Hi All Recently did a clean install, possibly stupidly put back Avast, not sure yet, reliability history shows after clean install on the 19th, warnings and errors, Mostly Microsoft Edge cp, stopped working, Windows background playback at times, SL voice.exe, Windows not...