Windows 10: Windows Security and Defender Block ME FROM USING MY OWN COMPUTERS!

Discus and support Windows Security and Defender Block ME FROM USING MY OWN COMPUTERS! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. HEY GLEN, I have no idea why, or how your reply toShandridAlam? or? got sent to my email, but it did. I did not post any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wailen, May 9, 2019.

1. Wailen Win User

Windows Security and Defender Block ME FROM USING MY OWN COMPUTERS!

Split from this thread.​

HEY GLEN,

I have no idea why, or how your reply toShandridAlam? or? got sent to my email, but it did. I did not post any questions.

I posted one a couple of weeks ago though; about being fed up with Microsoft's insanity of selling software to people that is written to destroy whatever hardware you may have. Then providing you with absolutely plain ignorant security system software; that in my 25+ years of Windows experience; has done nothing to stop viruses, malware, spyware, trojans etc. from getting into my computer and trashing it. Then when it has found them; could not get rid of them.

The only thing Windows Security and Defender ever does; is Block ME FROM USING MY OWN COMPUTERS! I am trying to get all of it disabled without just changing program or DLL file names. The inept Defender does not Shut off when other antivirus tries to run. Then if i shut it off; it screws up the other software. Making my whole system vulnerable. I have around 25 - 30 programs that i have had for years; that the lousy Win10 Security blocks from running if i dont have DEP and File Access both disabled, and all privacy permissions enabled for any users to use. It blocks them and Its own Microsoft Se, Junkurity (itself) programs too.

Junk, Junk

:)

Wailen, May 9, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, May 9, 2019
  3. windows defender security notification

Hi Kathie,

There are a few reasons why notifications or pop ups would show on your computer like to notify you to have a possible infection quarantined or removed from your computer's system or at times t could also be due to a suggestion to update your security values
    for your Windows Defender. For us to understand your issue better, we would like to confirm a few details to see what troubleshooting can we best apply to your concern:

• Have you performed the troubleshooting steps that was suggested to you by
      Le Boule
      on this thread last January 2, 2018?
    • Are you getting the same issue on other user profiles on your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the pop-up that you're getting?
    • Do you happen to notice when do you get the pop-up on your computer?

In the meantime, aside from the troubleshooting steps that was provided on the previous post, we also suggest to have the troubleshooting steps advised to be started with a
    clean boot, to ensure that any possible infection wouldn't be blocking the scans that you'll be performing
    on your computer. If in the event that it is still blocked even when on clean boot, we advise that you
    create a new user profile and name it as
    Test. This is so you'll be able to proceed with the suggested troubleshooting and also isolate the issue if the issue we face is a possible infection or a possible system file corruption, thus leading to your computer's misbehavior.

Please don't hesitate to keep us posted on this and reply to this thread.

ErwinJames San, May 9, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security and Defender Block ME FROM USING MY OWN COMPUTERS! - Similar Threads - Security Defender Block

2. Windows defender blocked my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked my computer: What to do when Windows defender blocks my computer Moved from Microsoft Office 365 to Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-my-computer/c159f33e-e5d7-4b79-8e0c-2bc6dc71e861
  3. My other computer says windows defender security center has blocked it, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My other computer says windows defender security center has blocked it, help: Windows defender security center has locked my other computer due to threat detected: trojan spyware, App: Ads.fiancetrack2.dll. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons. Contact Windows Support: +1-855-225-4244 Security Helpline.I figure this being suspicious!...
  4. My other computer says windows defender security center has blocked it, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My other computer says windows defender security center has blocked it, help: Windows defender security center has locked my other computer due to threat detected: trojan spyware, App: Ads.fiancetrack2.dll. Access to this PC has been blocked for security reasons. Contact Windows Support: +1-855-225-4244 Security Helpline.I figure this being suspicious!...
  5. My other computer says windows defender security center has blocked it, help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Tamper Protection is denying me from altering Windows Defender on my own PC

Tamper Protection is denying me from altering Windows Defender on my own PC: Hi,I am having trouble turning off my Real-time protection which I need to download and run a program on my PC, as it flicks itself back on instantly as my Tamper Protection is turned on and I cannot turn it off as it says "this setting is managed by an administrator". This...
  7. Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe

Windows blocks me from computer management mmc.exe: I cannot update my VCRUNTIME140.dll missing due to the computer blocking me from conducting administrative commands. It continues saying it's blocked me and to contact the administrator mmc.exe. How do I fix this? I cannot run anything on my computer after an update from...
  8. Windows defender block my games from using save files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender block my games from using save files: I got legit games and every time i turn them on i got notification that my defender block them from using save files. So every time i need to put them on no blocking defender settings. Is there a way to stop it instead of doing the same process with every new game? submitted...
  9. This is a hand me down computer from my dad, and it used to be owned by Microsoft. Is there...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This is a hand me down computer from my dad, and it used to be owned by Microsoft. Is there...: Hi, like the title states this is a hand me down computer and I keep getting a message when I go to activate that I can't activate due to not being able to connect to the company's activation server... Is there a way to fix this? Thanks...
  10. Update and windows defender security blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and windows defender security blocked: Good morning I can not unlock the windows update, and consequently also the windows defender security block.The last update is 03/02/2019 from there it is blocked everything.I also tried to follow the guides but do not unlock nothing, and it's the second time that happens to...