Windows 10: Windows Security And Maintenance feature not active

Discus and support Windows Security And Maintenance feature not active in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So of late i realised that windows defender is not active.. i tried turning it on but only to find that i am unable to.. when i searched for security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zackmiller02, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Windows Security And Maintenance feature not active

So of late i realised that windows defender is not active.. i tried turning it on but only to find that i am unable to.. when i searched for security and maintenance in control panel, i found that that feature isn't there at all.. i can i be able to have it back on my laptop.. your genuine help will be appreciated..

Thanks in advance.

:)

Zackmiller02, Oct 9, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Security and Maintenance error. windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Windows Security And Maintenance feature not active

My Windows 10 is missing a lot of features.

Hi Kitty,

Sorry for the late reply.

Method 1: Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to install all the available updates from Windows update and check again.

Hope this helps

Waseemulla S, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security And Maintenance feature not active

1. Windows Security And Maintenance feature not active - Similar Threads - Security Maintenance feature

2. windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is not able to start Security & Maintenance.: please help me my Security & Maintenance could not start. It all started when i was downloading a pirate game but then i saw my security & maintenance could not open please help. I deleted the game. I tried opening "services.msc" but could not find "security Center"...
  3. Security and Maintenance settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security and Maintenance settings: I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it....
  4. Security & Maintenance notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security & Maintenance notifications: I keep receiving a notification from Security & Maintenance that my file drive was turned off for too long. How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-maintenance-notifications/32132747-3fff-49b7-8cd9-e2c27873d5c3
  5. security/maintenance software

security/maintenance software: I have deleted security/maintenance software off my computer, but there is still some residuals of the software that are interfering with the computers operation. I have searched for the bits that are causing the problem but they will not reveal themselves. How can I find...
  6. Cant access security and maintenance

Cant access security and maintenance: Hello Windows defender isn't appearing in services. I have been trying to access security and maintenance but it wont open. If i search for it in the windows search bar it appears but when i click on it nothing happens. How can i solve both problems?...
  7. Activation code for maintenance personas?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation code for maintenance personas?: Okay, i would really like the possibility to get maintenance serials for each Windows 10 versions. They would be active for 30 days and then you would need youre main activation code to continue, this maintenance code would reset itself. Better safe than sorry when it...
  8. "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall"

"Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall": Hello. I am running Windows 10 on desktop Dell system. Last week, I started having problems with Thunderbird not auto downloading new messages from Gmail. Someone advised me to restart my computer in Safe Mode and see if that fixed the problem, because he suspected is was a...
  9. Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings: I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my desktop PC running v1709. Nothing happens when I click on Security & Maintenance in the search box (see below) but it works fine...
  10. Maintenance Activator Task

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maintenance Activator Task: I posted here about year ago concerning a scheduled task called Maintenance Activator. I still cannot find this task listed in the Task Scheduler or by using schtasks /query in command prompt. Does anyone know about or have any information concerning this task? [img] 41494