Windows 10: windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings

Discus and support windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so i wanted to check for updates but the settings app keeps crashing when i click on "security and updates" . things i tried: i tried sfc/scannow i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EzzedineOzone, Feb 23, 2019.

1. windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings

so i wanted to check for updates but the settings app keeps crashing when i click on "security and updates" . things i tried:

i tried sfc/scannow

i tried chkdsk

i tried dism image thingy

and i havent found a solution yet , i want help as soun as possible

thanks

-Ezzedine

:)

EzzedineOzone, Feb 23, 2019

2. settings tab update and security

recently my win 10 ssd failed, bought a new one, installed same and cloned the old ssd to the new ssd, Now I am missing the update and security tab in settings. any suggestions to how I can solve this problem? thank you,

walter ferrell, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Update & Security tab crashes

I don't know if this is a "General Support" thing or it should be elsewhere - if I should move it let me know.

New laptop, Windows 10 Home. Been working fine. I opened the Update & Security tab to check Windows Defender. It worked FINE..... I hit the tab for "Windows Update" and it just sat there. Then it disappeared. Now, every time I go into Settings and select "Update & Security" it pops open then crashes.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.10586.11, time stamp: 0x56457cb1
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10586.71, time stamp: 0x5699d8e0
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x00000000006fce8b
    Faulting process id: 0x14b4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d17d931b25e19d
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    Report Id: 3038c5ba-256b-4da0-bdcc-69ee5c6a85d7
    Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

Application Error.
    Event ID: 1000

I tried doing a safe boot and it crashed in that too. I looked online but didn't find anything about a settings tab crashing. All the other tabs appear to work normally.

What do now?

GracieAllen, Feb 23, 2019
  4. windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings

Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings

1. windows "security and updates" tab is crashing in settings - Similar Threads - security updates tab

2. Windows 10 LTSC Update and Security tab crashes settings upon click, and Profile username...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 LTSC Update and Security tab crashes settings upon click, and Profile username...: I tried optimizing my Windows 10 using a Service optimizer, and it did what it should but now when i try to click Update and Security settings just crashes + my profile username wont show up. Is there a way to completely reset all my services to default start up type?OS:...
  3. Windows 10 LTSC Update and Security tab crashes settings upon click, and Profile username...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 LTSC Update and Security tab crashes settings upon click, and Profile username...: I tried optimizing my Windows 10 using a Service optimizer, and it did what it should but now when i try to click Update and Security settings just crashes + my profile username wont show up. Is there a way to completely reset all my services to default start up type?OS:...
  4. Windows 10 LTSC Update and Security tab crashes settings upon click, and Profile username...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. setting tab in start and update windows tab not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting tab in start and update windows tab not working: hi, on 3rd june 2020 my laptop automatically upgraded to windows 10 version 2004. after that i found that the setting tab is not working at all. so all features related to setting are stuck. even the upgrade windows option is also not working now. unable to change anything...
  6. Windows 10 Settings - Update & Security window crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings - Update & Security window crashes: There appears to be a problem with getting the "Update & Security" Settings page to open. I click on it, and it opens, and then crashes before I am able to click on any of the options on that screen. They are not responsive to any selection method, and the window crashes. I...
  7. "Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Update & security" tab on Settings flashes for a second, then closes.: I'm trying to access Windows Update, but when I click on the Update & security tab on Settings, it flashes for a brief moment then closes. My PC specs are: CPU: Intel i5-4460 GPU: ASUS GTX 950 STRIX OC 2GB Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97P-D3 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB...
  8. Update & Security tab crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Update & Security tab crashes: I don't know if this is a "General Support" thing or it should be elsewhere - if I should move it let me know. New laptop, Windows 10 Home. Been working fine. I opened the Update & Security tab to check Windows Defender. It worked FINE..... I hit the tab for "Windows...
  9. Settings crash when clicking on Update & Security

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings crash when clicking on Update & Security: Earlier I went into Settings and clicked on Update & Security, and I found Windows Problem Reporting running in the background. I checked the Reliability Monitor (because for some reason problem reports aren't saving on my computer) and found this: Faulting application name:...
  10. Update and Security tab error in Settings app

in Windows 10 Support
    Update and Security tab error in Settings app: I just installed Windows 10 and need to update my antivirus. I need to access Windows Update but whenever I click on the Update and Security tab in the Settings app the tab opens but then the app freezes. This happens every time I do this so I cannot update my system. Any...