Windows 10: Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working

Discus and support Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I was having this problem since this morning, and I don't know how to fix this. Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Microsoftlover2020, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working

Hi there,

I was having this problem since this morning, and I don't know how to fix this. Regards.

Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working e497cf89-4615-4986-97d3-dda961f51c5c?upload=true.png

Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working 66645445-3e74-4d23-8ada-fb85d3039cc9?upload=true.png

:)

Microsoftlover2020, Oct 16, 2020

2. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Oct 16, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Firewall Troubleshoot.

True... alot of security suites have the option in the setup to auto turn-off Windows firewall.

Also, try resetting Winsock and tcp\ip. This has cured the problem for some people.
    You don't mention the windows version, but these might help:How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and in Windows Vista.
    Do both, then re-start and try turning it on.

*Smile Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working :)

Also, if that does not do it; try opening an administrative command prompt and run "sfc /scannow" (without quotes and a space between the c and /) to see if any files have been corrupted and such.

EDIT:

Windows Firewall is just one option.
    You could try these free ones:
    ZoneAlarm® Free Firewall
    Comodo Firewall

Just a couple, but there are alot of others.

95Viper, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working

Windows Firewall wont work anymore = no online gaming

the thing is...I dont know where to go to enable or disable? I thought its control panal...and just double click security center or windows firewall. But there is nothing to do with enable or disable there.

When I double click windows firewall...its just gives me that error.

Irish_PXzyan, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working

1. Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working - Similar Threads - Security Firewall working

2. Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H2. Recently, the Windows Firewall is not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Settings - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection - Manager providers on the right-hand panel - Firewall.I am not sure why. I have done...
  3. Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H2. Recently, the Windows Firewall is not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Settings - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection - Manager providers on the right-hand panel - Firewall.I am not sure why. I have done...
  4. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal: Every time I install windows updates or Avira updates with restart, Windows security reports that Comodo, my firewall, is switched off, even though Comodo presents as "all systems active and running." I click the 'Turn on' button but there is no response, not even an error...
  5. Windows Firewall not working

Windows Firewall not working: Hi. So I noticed that I couldn't update the applications I downloaded from the Microsoft Store, and I tried to find the reason for this. It seems that Windows Firewall isn't turned on, and I cant turn it on. I tried the Firewall Troubleshooter and it couldn't fix it...
  6. Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all.

Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all.: So two weeks ago, I downloaded an exe from a sketchy site and ran it. Unfortunately the next day, I opened up Windows Security to do a scan because of the slowness while navigating through file explorer and there is literally nothing, all I see is "Security at a glance" with...
  7. Windows Firewall not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall not working: I'm trying to set up firewall to block a specific app from accessing the internet. I had it working, but today I changed the hardware in my PC and the same method no longer works. Before I used an outbound rule in Windows Defender Firewall, and told it to "block the...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert: I got a Windows Security Alert Saying Windows Defender Firewallhas blocked some features of Google Chrome on all public private networks. Name: Google Chrome Says: This app has already been blocked or unblocked for a different network type. Allow Google Chrome to...
  9. Windows Security Firewall issue

Windows Security Firewall issue: I'm attempting to let Steam through my firewall (because It won't load, and assuming that is the issue, as I wasn't asked to let it through through a pop up) But, the settings are all greyed out, any fixes? [img] 150822
  10. Window Firewall Security Scam?

Window Firewall Security Scam?: I am receiving calls from someone who states my firewall security is running out and wants me to update the windows security program. If I want to cancel they will refund $200 to any account I give them. My issue is I am not aware of any firewall protection from Microsoft...