Windows 10: WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL

Discus and support WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to WINDOWS SECURITY, all of the links are disabled such that I am not able to open the VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION, ACCOUNT PROTECTION, etc.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John Campbell, Feb 11, 2021.

1. WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL

When I go to WINDOWS SECURITY, all of the links are disabled such that I am not able to open the VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION, ACCOUNT PROTECTION, etc. sections. I discovered the issue when the APP & BROWSER CONTROL indicated "Actions recommended." with a warning symbol. All other sections indicate "No actions needed.".

I do not have any other anti-virus software installed and WINDOWS DEFENDER is the only anti-virus software that has ever been installed on this PC. In researching the issue, it appears that there may have been a Windows Update that caused the issue, but I have been unable to identify the update.

Could a virus have disabled Windows Security?

How do I restore access to Windows Security and the individual areas within Windows Security?

Thanks!

:)

John Campbell, Feb 11, 2021

2. App and browser control

Hi,

WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL [​IMG]

ThrashZone, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    App and browser control

Well the download installs this version:

Callender, Feb 11, 2021
  4. lvgandhi Win User

WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL

App and browser control

Some apps stored, not installed, are shown as threats in App and browser control., example pw102-free.exe. It showed various other programs also. I have removed all of them. Still after removing them also it shows as shown below as if still files are existing. What to do?.

lvgandhi, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL

1. WINDOWS SECURITY - APP & BROWSER CONTROL - Similar Threads - SECURITY APP BROWSER

2. How to restore Device security and App & Browser Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Device security and App & Browser Control: Computer came with windows 10 installed. Microsoft said windows 11 could be installed so I did. Worked fine for some time then recently updates would be found but they would not update. Tried various fixes found on the internet but they did not fix the problem. Finally took...
  3. How to restore Device security and App & Browser Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Device security and App & Browser Control: Computer came with windows 10 installed. Microsoft said windows 11 could be installed so I did. Worked fine for some time then recently updates would be found but they would not update. Tried various fixes found on the internet but they did not fix the problem. Finally took...
  4. App and Browser Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App and Browser Control: Howdy! So in the middle of the day, I noticed that my App & Browser control setting was turned off, I don't remember turning it off ever, and I would never turn it off over any situation, I did download a file recently, but my Antivirus told me that the file was ok. my...
  5. ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection)

ASLR (Windows Security>App & browser control>Exploit protection): Pro 2004 My analysis : [img] Effectively no ASLR, am I wrong? http://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...bottom-up-aslr 170869
  6. In app and browser control in Windows security app that check apps in files option is...

In app and browser control in Windows security app that check apps in files option is...: In app and browser control in Windows security app that check apps in files option is greyed out and it says this setting is managed by your administrator even though I am the administrator I have tried the registry fix as well as the group policy editor fix from YouTube...
  7. App & Browser Control

App & Browser Control: Wonder if anyone has noticed that occasionally, the App & Browser Control is turned off, especially after updating builds. This is happening in my public versions 19041.388 and most Insider builds. Since the icon on the taskbar is hidden by default, its not noticed...
  8. Returning reports in Apps & Browser and Control of Windows Security,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Returning reports in Apps & Browser and Control of Windows Security,: Hey all, In Apps & Browser and Control of Windows Security, several recommendations for removal keep popping up. When clicking the option / action "remove", windows shows a "busy" image. But next reboot the reports are back. One is a non existent file in Downloads and...
  9. App and Browser Control?

App and Browser Control?: I would just like to know what is the difference between Warn and Block? Would selecting Block prevent users bypassing the warning prompts for users? If yes, then since I am the only one using my own laptop and no one else, would it be fine to just leave it as Warn which is...
  10. Hide App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Hide App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show App and Browser Control in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows...