Windows 10: Windows Security appends email address automatically

Discus and support Windows Security appends email address automatically in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I am having an issue when I need to sign in to a SharePoint domain. When I want to open/view/edit a document locally in an Office application from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Emil A, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Emil A Win User

Windows Security appends email address automatically

Hi

I am having an issue when I need to sign in to a SharePoint domain. When I want to open/view/edit a document locally in an Office application from the SharePoint location it asks me to sign in through Windows Security, however the domain requires that I sign in using only a username which does not include an email address, but for some reason Windows Security automatically append a slash (\) and an email address (@xx****) to the username login I enter which leads to a failed login. (Appending screenshots for clarification)

Has anyone seen this issue before and knows of a solution?

Many thanks

Windows Security appends email address automatically 8bc9e799-f80a-49bc-ad5e-92eb8859fbbd?upload=true.png Windows Security appends email address automatically f26901f6-9925-4777-bcfb-adf6f772b4b0?upload=true.png

:)

Emil A, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

3. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Windows Security appends email address automatically

using Windows 10 email, the systme memorizes, and installs email addresses as I am typing. One of the email addresses is incorrect. How do I remove, or override it?

Thanks for the effort to help resolve my problem. I access my Charter cable internet provider through the Windows 10 Mail App. After successfully going through steps 1-5 , step 6 was a problem. At step 6, my screen did not show the “+” in the upper
    left part of the window. Since I did not find the “+”, I did a little experimenting by clicking on everything on the screen that was displayed, but with no success.

Let me try to clarify what the problem is. In my list of contacts(which appear to be automatically added as I address emails to various individuals), I see that my own email address has been included. However, somehow the “system” added an email address
    that was incorrect. For example, let’s say my email address is supposed to be

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Instead, the contact list has listed the contact as xyxyxy@charter, which does not include the “.net”.

Now, when I try to list myself in the email as “bcc” recipient, as expected, I get a message that the email cannot be delivered to me (because of the incomplete email address).

What would I like to achieve?

1st choice – Deactivate the Windows 10 Mail App from automatically adding recipients and allow me to manually enter the recipients.

2nd choice – Find a way to delete the one bad address (xyxyxy@charter).

Finally, if I do not find a solution, I will probably have to discontinue trying to use the Windows 10 Mail App. I’m beginning to think that the developers of the mail app may have failed to provide a way to easily clear out bad addresses.

Thanks

jackdixon__920, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security appends email address automatically

1. Windows Security appends email address automatically - Similar Threads - Security appends email

2. Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...: Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for privacy ***" when this is not my mail address ? Please correct urgently....
  3. Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for...: Why is the security email for my account shown as " *** Email address is removed for privacy ***" when this is not my mail address ? Please correct urgently....
  4. Email addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email addresses: I have an email address on my computer for a company that I no longer work for. How can I remove that email from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses/12e4eef4-979a-455e-9771-4cf590e85a18
  5. email address

email address: i have unwanted email address when i send my emails how can i delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b113c0f0-30e5-4ea8-9d6b-317889dd38f1
  6. Failed Login - Windows Security appends email address automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Failed Login - Windows Security appends email address automatically: Hi I am having an issue when I need to sign in to a SharePoint domain. When I want to open/view/edit a document locally in an Office application from the SharePoint location it asks me to sign in through Windows Security, however the domain requires that I sign in using...
  7. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  8. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  9. email address

email address: When I change an email address in "people" and then go to use it in "Mail" I get the old one. I check in "People" again and I get the new and all of the old email addresses. What's up Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage...
  10. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419