Windows 10: Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

Discus and support Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here has seen this before and has an idea I have not yet tried.

The User has a Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Pro OS, Office 365 with all the latest Updates.
    The only thing that is not 100% as it should be is that she uses a local account rather than a Microsoft account on the system. But it has been this way for years and only in the past 4 or 5 months have things gotten so far out of hand.

It has finally reached the point where the Login Box for Outlook will come up if she goes from her home to the office. For a while it was something that only occurred when she traveled. Hotels, airports, etc. But now it is almost a daily occurrence if the laptop changes from one network to another.
    I have tried removing all the Windows generic credentials but while they do recreate for Outlook, they don't fix the problem

The worst times are when it refuses to accept even her correct Outlook Password. This often happens and she is forced to use the Web Portal version of Office which Always seems to work fine. No problems with passwords there. Only when she uses Desktop Outlook (which is what she prefers to use)

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them. I thought i had already tried everything out there but maybe there is one i don't know about yet.

It has crossed my mind that MAYBE MS is creating the problem because she doesn't want to use a Windows Account on her system. She prefers to stay with a Local Account only on the system. Could it be that simple? Just because she is not using a MS Account on a MS Surface Pro.

Or Maybe the Windows Security center that runs under Windows 10 Pro works differently that under Windows Home. Only this one person in our company has this problem and of course, she is the owner, *Sad

:)

questorfla, Mar 1, 2019
  2. JJG10 Win User

Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

Office 2016 on Windows 10 build 1703.

Outlook 2016 is repeatedly asking for my user name and password when running minimized. See screen shot.
    Things appear to work normally when running maximized. I used Outlook's Account Settings/Repair but that didn't help.

Please help.

Thank you.

Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly [​IMG]

JJG10, Mar 1, 2019
  3. arupmitra Win User

Login to your cox mail account through any updated browser. Enable/ turn on/ allow the permission for the option " Allow less secure apps". Save the settings if asking for (Cause in gmail it saves automatically). Then try with the email client (outlook 2016).
    This should work.

arupmitra, Mar 1, 2019
  4. JJG10 Win User

Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

I can't find such an entry in Cox Webmail.

JJG10, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

1. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly - Similar Threads - security asks user

2. Repeatedly asked for microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeatedly asked for microsoft password: Hi, Every few minutes a toast notification pops up declaring that i need to fix my microsoft account. Sometimes this on the OS level but also when i use Office products. Despite entering my password and it being fixed, it wilol not be long before breaking again....
  3. MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now"

MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now": Over the past two weeks the MS Security Essentials service on my Win 7 Machines has been restarting periodically. In many cases the restart times out and it takes several more tries before it gives up, which is typical, or resumes normal function. This does not appear to be...
  4. When using Outlook Windows Security keeps asking for my password

When using Outlook Windows Security keeps asking for my password: Recently every time I access one of my E Mail accounts I get a pop up from Windows Security asking for the password. When I enter the password my messages download and get sent. My other two E Mail accounts are fine and do not have this problem. Can anyone tell me how to...
  5. Repeatedly asked to verify user agreement?

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeatedly asked to verify user agreement?: Hi. I notice that some programmes I have installed ask me to verify the user agreement every time I start them, not just first time round. I assume that this is some quirk of Windows 10? Is there something I need to do to make my agreement 'stick'? Thanks. 118651
  6. Windows copy not asking Outlook password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows copy not asking Outlook password: Hi. I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists me as an administrator, and Doesn't give me the option to switch to outlook account. I want to use my outlook account...
  7. In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...

In Windows 10, Windows Security keeps asking for login credentials repeatedly following a...: I run Windows 10 Pro (1803) with Outlook 2013. I have two live.com accounts one of which is my Windows login account. I installed a BIOS update and a Support Assistant update from Dell. The machine rebooted and I was able to login using my PIN. When I started my Outlook, I...
  8. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  9. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...
  10. Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password: Office 2016 on Windows 10 build 1703. Outlook 2016 is repeatedly asking for my user name and password when running minimized. See screen shot. Things appear to work normally when running maximized. I used Outlook's Account Settings/Repair but that didn't help. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when outlook login security login password

2. Windows security asking for password repeatedly

3. windows security repeatedly asking for credentials