Windows 10: windows security blank screen

Discus and support windows security blank screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows security blank screen WHEN I OPEN WINDOWS SECURITY IT IS NOT SHOWING ME ANY OPTIONS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DANANU, Aug 15, 2020.

1. DANANU Win User

windows security blank screen

windows security blank screen WHEN I OPEN WINDOWS SECURITY IT IS NOT SHOWING ME ANY OPTIONS

:)

DANANU, Aug 15, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. windows security blank screen - Similar Threads - security blank screen

2. Blank screen windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen windows security: I recently resetted my windows 11 pc by using recovery options in settings keep my files option. After the reset whenever I open the windows security app nothing appears, just a blank screen. Pls help me with this issue....
  3. Windows Security Blank Screen

Windows Security Blank Screen: I clean installed Windows 11, and since then it has gone blank. I have tried pretty much every method there is onlineSFCDISMRepair/ResetUpdatesPolicy changesRegistry editingNothing seems to work....
  4. Windows Security is a blank screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is a blank screen: I see a blank window with a blue shield when I open Windows Security. Here's the image of Windows Security along with Microsoft Defender. The window stays that way for about 30 secs before closing. When I open Windows Security, I expect security-related options instead of a...
  5. Windows Security blank screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security blank screen: Windows security screen is blank. When I try to open it, it shows the error " windows security service can't be started". what to do? I have already repaired my windows 2 times, but the issue isn't resolving. current version is windows 10. Does upgrading to windows 11 solve...
  6. Windows Security blank screen

Windows Security blank screen: Windows security screen is blank. When I try to open it, it shows the error " windows security service can't be started". what to do? I have already repaired my windows 2 times, but the issue isn't resolving. current version is windows 10. Does upgrading to windows 11 solve...
  7. Blank screen windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen windows security: so recently i installed some mods for gta san andreas the chaos mod but it was a virus and i luckly did it and got him away because malwarebyte but the virus deleted all my windows security files and there are some screenshots but it german so i hope there is away to get my...
  8. BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY: so i wanted to turn on my windows defender because it was turned off so when i tried this happeni really need help and i hope there is a away so i dont lose my games and other files i tried some tutorials on yt it seems like a virus or something deleted my windows defender...
  9. BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY

BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY: so i wanted to turn on my windows defender because it was turned off so when i tried this happeni really need help and i hope there is a away so i dont lose my games and other files i tried some tutorials on yt it seems like a virus or something deleted my windows defender...
  10. Windows Security Screen Blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Screen Blank: I went to go run a scan on my computer and the whole windows security screen is blank. Currently I have no firewall or virus protection and I need to re instate windows defender somehow. I'm on windows 10 home edition....