Windows 10: windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...

Discus and support windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2. Is it caused by logicool setpoint? I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john3825a, Jun 23, 2022.

1. john3825a Win User

windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...

windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2. Is it caused by logicool setpoint? I installed setpoint 6.70.55, driver version 6.00.112 for my mouse. I think it is the only application cause the problem since there are 2 more setpoint app problems with windows security. app:SetPoint.exefolder:%userprofile%\Documentsapp:UnInstaller.exefolder:%userprofile%\Documents\Logishrd\SetPoint\productivityplease reply

:)

john3825a, Jun 23, 2022
  2. AMX& Win User

Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, Jun 23, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    What does "Protected folder access blocked" mean?

Hi Ronaldo

Windows 10 Defender has a new security feature called Controlled Folder Access, that is designed to protect your system against Ransomware attacks

Sometimes it will block an application from accessing your personal folders, if you trust the application in question, you can add it to the list of allowed apps through Controlled Folder Access . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2022
  4. windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...

1. windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder... - Similar Threads - security blocked svchost

2. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file: Im unable to save any changes or progress. I recieved a message: "Unauthorised changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked game.exe". When I try to click on it and add an exception it sends me to Protection history, but it is empty with no options to add an exception...
  3. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file: Im unable to save any changes or progress. I recieved a message: "Unauthorised changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked game.exe". When I try to click on it and add an exception it sends me to Protection history, but it is empty with no options to add an exception...
  4. Protection history crash / windows security blocks games .exe file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder...: windows security blocked svchost.exe accesses to protected holder \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2. Is it caused by logicool setpoint? I installed setpoint 6.70.55, driver version 6.00.112 for my mouse. I think it is the only application cause the problem since there are 2...
  6. Access to Ransomware Protection blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to Ransomware Protection blocked: I've seen multiple articles published recently that mention that Microsoft has built in ransomeware protection in Windows 10 and suggest that you can access this protection by specifying "Rasomware Protection" in the search bar. I've done this but when I press enter to access...
  7. Svchost blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost blocked: Hey i am Evan I am having problem in my computer When i go to ms-store > download and updates > then when i click get updates then ms store lags and a message come from my antivirus svchost.exe blocked . And in my pc i can't update my apps like minecraft , roblox . Please...
  8. Svchost blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Svchost blocked: When I open mozilla firefox, windows defender blocks svchost.exe from accessing secured folder %userprofile%/Videos Can anyone help me out with this one and tell me why is this happening? submitted by /u/Dalrew [link] [comments]...
  9. Protected Folder Access Blocked

Protected Folder Access Blocked: Your administrator has blocked this action. App or process blocked: igxpun.exe. Blocked by: Controlled folder access. Is this the legitimate Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver? Thank you....
  10. Protected memory access blocked/

Protected memory access blocked/: Multiple times a day I'm getting the message. Unauthorized changes blocked Controlled folder blocked C:/...DDVDataCollector from making changes to memory I've run a full scan in windows security, that showed no issues. How can I stop these messages appearing....