Windows 10: Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already...

Discus and support Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Security notified me for a PUA potentially unwanted applications. I wanted to manually uninstall it in control panel for a proper uninstall. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by makis2896, Jun 29, 2020.

1. makis2896 Win User

Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already...

Windows Security notified me for a PUA potentially unwanted applications. I wanted to manually uninstall it in control panel for a proper uninstall. I get an error that I don't have administrator access. So I put it in allow list and whet the uninstallation was successful. When I went to Windows Security to delete the application from allow list. Now the notification is constantly displaying that I have a PUA. I hit "Remove" or "Delete" or whatever it's called that choice in English but nothing happens. The notification still says that I has a PUA or Threat on my system. IT CAN NOT RECOGNIZE THAT THE APPLICATION IS ALREADY UNINSTALLED!!! How to fix this.

:)

makis2896, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft protecting users from PUA in Microsoft Edge

Source: Protecting users from potentially unwanted applications in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

How to Turn On or Off Potentially Unwanted App (PUA) Protection in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brink, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

To test that PUA protection is working, there is now an EICAR test file you can try downloading.

https://www.amtso.org/feature-settin...-applications/

This is Defender PUA protection in action in Windows 10 Home...

Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already... [​IMG]

4. Cliff S Win User

Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already...

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

From Shawn's note in the tutorial:

What we are doing is a hack, and Enterprise versions have may other security measures to prevent it from installing.

I bet DDU is on the list of PUA's, because a company does not want their users mucking around in the drivers(they probably couldn't without the Admin password anyhow).

Cliff S, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Security can not recognize that a PUA potentially unwanted applications is already... - Similar Threads - Security recognize PUA

2. Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping: This message keeps popping up about every 10 seconds and is hogging my system resources:Virus & Threat ProtectionPotentially Unwanted Application foundThis Application was removed because it is blocked by your administratorThis infinite loop is taking up 50% of my CPU and 80%...
  3. Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping: This message keeps popping up about every 10 seconds and is hogging my system resources:Virus & Threat ProtectionPotentially Unwanted Application foundThis Application was removed because it is blocked by your administratorThis infinite loop is taking up 50% of my CPU and 80%...
  4. Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  6. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  7. Potentially unwanted application protection - turning on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted application protection - turning on: I was excited to know more about PUA protection feature in windows. I read it across the few sites.According to this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/manage-updates-baselines-microsoft-defender-antivirus?view=o365-worldwideDefender...
  8. Potentially Unwanted Application PUA detected

Potentially Unwanted Application PUA detected: Hi, So I have tried to install an add-on for FSX:SE game from a website. The web uses an installer for the add-on called "InstallMate". When I finished downloaded it and unzipped it, just after double click the .exe file, Windows Defender popped up and told me that a...
  9. windows security flagging CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted Software

windows security flagging CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted Software: Just started today. Surely MS doesn't mean to flag the CCleaner folks. From Windows Security > Virus & threat protection Detection: PUA:Win32/CCleaner Date: 7/27/2020 7:23 AM Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior. Severity: Low Insider build: 20H2, OS...
  10. Blocking potentially unwanted applications

Blocking potentially unwanted applications: Hi. For people using Windows 10 Home1909, is their a way to set your windows defender to block PUPs and PUAs? And I know that the new Edge has an option to do this but is their a way to make this a system wide setting? Thank You....