Windows 10: Windows Security -- Can't create pin

Discus and support Windows Security -- Can't create pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to create a pin to sign into my computer, it always comes up with this message. What do I need to do? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GraceT33, Oct 30, 2018.

1. GraceT33 Win User

Windows Security -- Can't create pin

When I try to create a pin to sign into my computer, it always comes up with this message. What do I need to do?

Windows Security -- Can't create pin d98bc08a-5826-4563-9ad2-7048c4566dac?upload=true.png

:)

GraceT33, Oct 30, 2018

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows Security -- Can't create pin

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Security -- Can't create pin

1. Windows Security -- Can't create pin - Similar Threads - Security Can't create

2. Can't create a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't create a pin: I have no windows hello pin set up. When I click Add, it asks me the pin of my outlook profile but I never set one to begin with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-pin/25316718-8829-4403-a926-d20103e410c6
  3. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a pin: I have no windows hello pin set up. When I click Add, it asks me the pin of my outlook profile but I never set one to begin with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-pin/25316718-8829-4403-a926-d20103e410c6
  4. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create a pin: I have a new workstation and am in the initial stages of setting up.I login with my email addressThen enter my password.Then I get told I need to set up a 4 digital pin.I select Create and the screen changes and the custe sits spinning. Nothing happens.Can you help?...
  6. Can't create a pin

Can't create a pin: I have a new workstation and am in the initial stages of setting up.I login with my email addressThen enter my password.Then I get told I need to set up a 4 digital pin.I select Create and the screen changes and the custe sits spinning. Nothing happens.Can you help?...
  7. Can't create a pin

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I can't create a Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create a Pin: I think I am missing something but this is what is going on. I am using my PC and I am on the Windows app. If I go to Security > add a new way to sign in or verify > Use my Windows PC > NextI get a popup asking me for my PIN. To my knowledge, my account does NOT have a pin....
  9. I can't create a Pin

I can't create a Pin: I think I am missing something but this is what is going on. I am using my PC and I am on the Windows app. If I go to Security > add a new way to sign in or verify > Use my Windows PC > NextI get a popup asking me for my PIN. To my knowledge, my account does NOT have a pin....
  10. I can't create a Pin

in Windows 10 Customization