Windows 10: Windows Security Center "Dismiss" through GPO

Discus and support Windows Security Center "Dismiss" through GPO in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out if there's a way to widely distribute the dismissal of a Security Center yellow exclamation point. The most recent nuisance... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gwen Flasinski, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Windows Security Center "Dismiss" through GPO

I am trying to figure out if there's a way to widely distribute the dismissal of a Security Center yellow exclamation point. The most recent nuisance is the tamper protection feature. Our customers are not comfortable with warnings like this and we often get complaints or questions about them. I can't see anything related to dismissing or disabling tamper protection through a GPO, which I'm not sure Microsoft will ever make possible. However, in an Enterprise environment I imagine there must be a way to widely dismiss a message like this or otherwise make it invisible to our customers. It also concerns me if they get used to seeing an exclamation point that if there is a different problem they won't contact us for assistance because they won't notice it.

The main goal here is to leave the basic Defender anti-virus protection enabled and not distract our customers with a concerning yellow exclamation point on their task bar related to Tamper Protection in this case. Any ideas are welcome here as I know this can be approached from different directions.

:)

Gwen Flasinski, Aug 27, 2019

2. Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Airider Win User
    What does "DISMISS" mean in this Windows Defender Security Center box?

I click on the box almost daily to allow manual threat definition updates and do not want to lose that function/ability.

Am only curious what would happen if I click on DISMISS ?

Thanks,
    Windows Security Center "Dismiss" through GPO [​IMG]

Lee

Airider, Aug 27, 2019
  4. 7fh3498f Win User

Windows Security Center "Dismiss" through GPO

Windows Defender Security Center and dismissed issues...

Dear All

After Fall Creators Update we can now dismiss all security issues to get the icon in notification are green mark. I dismissed all of them in rush after update and don't really remember what were the messages. Is there any way to reset these notifications to default so i could dismiss them again but with more attention this time? Thank you.

Regards.

7fh3498f, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security Center "Dismiss" through GPO

1. Windows Security Center "Dismiss" through GPO - Similar Threads - Security Center Dismiss

2. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  3. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  4. Restore dismissed security alerts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore dismissed security alerts.: The blue shield in tray 'security guard' can show a yellow exclamation triangle.It showed a warning, I dismissed it in the overview that opens when clicking the icon.Now I want to reset/revert that 'dismission'.Background:I dismissed it, because the icon can show only /if/...
  5. Restore dismissed security alerts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore dismissed security alerts.: The blue shield in tray 'security guard' can show a yellow exclamation triangle.It showed a warning, I dismissed it in the overview that opens when clicking the icon.Now I want to reset/revert that 'dismission'.Background:I dismissed it, because the icon can show only /if/...
  6. Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO: Hi,I am trying to deploy bitlocker encryption automatically to active directory users through GPO. The users must have TPM enabled and it should be hardware based bitlocker encryption. I also don't want any pre boot authenticationbitlocker password. I only want to encrypt the...
  7. Windows security OneDrive warning will not dismiss.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows security OneDrive warning will not dismiss.: Hello. I have no need for one drive. The security center warns me actions are needed and it wants to configure one drive. There is a close or dismiss option but it does not work. Can I stop this warning somehow? submitted by /u/Bananaphonela8pv [link] [comments]...
  8. What does "DISMISS" mean in this Windows Defender Security Center box?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does "DISMISS" mean in this Windows Defender Security Center box?: I click on the box almost daily to allow manual threat definition updates and do not want to lose that function/ability. Am only curious what would happen if I click on DISMISS ? Thanks, [img] Lee 113621
  9. What dies "DISMISS" mean in this Windows Defender Security Center box?

What dies "DISMISS" mean in this Windows Defender Security Center box?: I click on the box almost daily to allow manual threat definition updates and do not want to lose that function/ability. Am only curious what would happen if I click on DISMISS ? Thanks, [img] Lee 113621
  10. Windows Defender Security Center and dismissed issues...

Windows Defender Security Center and dismissed issues...: Dear All After Fall Creators Update we can now dismiss all security issues to get the icon in notification are green mark. I dismissed all of them in rush after update and don't really remember what were the messages. Is there any way to reset these notifications to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security center gpo