Windows 10: Windows Security Center for Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Security Center for Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I haven't had an update for Windows 10 in months. When I went to my security center, it said that is was turned off. When I try to turn it on, it says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulTaylor92234, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Windows Security Center for Windows 10

I haven't had an update for Windows 10 in months. When I went to my security center, it said that is was turned off. When I try to turn it on, it says it can't be turned on. What's happening? How do I fix this?

:)

PaulTaylor92234, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2019
  3. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Windows Security Center for Windows 10 Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Windows Security Center for Windows 10 :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Nov 16, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows Security Center for Windows 10

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security Center for Windows 10

1. Windows Security Center for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Security Center

2. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  3. Security Center, GPO is not applying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center, GPO is not applying: The security center has recommendations to implement, and we completed a few on some test laptops before putting in production. The security score didn't go up for a setting after a few days, so we dove into it. An example would be the GPO named "Security Improvements, with a...
  4. Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...: In a dialogue box Windows could not start the windows. security center service on local computer Error 126: the specificied module could not be found...
  5. Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...

Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...: In a dialogue box Windows could not start the windows. security center service on local computer Error 126: the specificied module could not be found...
  6. Windows security isn't opening. Windows could not start the windows security center service...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Malware disabled my Windows Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware disabled my Windows Security Center: A virus infected my computer, I lost access to Windows Security, I decided to check Regedit although the "Security" file was deleted, so I tried Reset PC but when I clicked the "Gui" button it wouldn't pop up. I'm still AdministratorIs it possible to fix this problem without...
  8. Malware disabled my Windows Security Center

Malware disabled my Windows Security Center: A virus infected my computer, I lost access to Windows Security, I decided to check Regedit although the "Security" file was deleted, so I tried Reset PC but when I clicked the "Gui" button it wouldn't pop up. I'm still AdministratorIs it possible to fix this problem without...
  9. I can't access my Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my Security Center: I got a notification saying my security was turned off. So, I tried to access my security center and was met with this black screen saying my Consult my IT Admin. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. I can't access my Security Center

I can't access my Security Center: I got a notification saying my security was turned off. So, I tried to access my security center and was met with this black screen saying my Consult my IT Admin. Any help would be appreciated....