Windows 10: Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off

Discus and support Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I notice Windows Security Center reports my Bitdefender Antivirus was turned off, what should I do? [ATTACH] I tried to turn on Bitdewfender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wilson T, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Wilson T Win User

Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off

Hi,

I notice Windows Security Center reports my Bitdefender Antivirus was turned off, what should I do?

Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off da3229be-542a-4be7-8554-387353836694?upload=true.jpg

I tried to turn on Bitdewfender again by chick the turn on bottom, but it's not working.

It happens many times in my Windows 10, and my Bitdefender is working properly.

Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off 54c2c4ac-b8a6-44a4-ab21-6a86699e1199?upload=true.jpg

Thanks for the help

:)

Wilson T, Dec 25, 2019
  2. BXtreme Win User

BitDefender v10.2 For Windows Vista

BitDefender, an award-winning provider of antivirus software and data security solutions, announced today the availability of BitDefender v10 security solutions for Microsoft Windows Vista based on 32bit.

Available through BitDefender’s web site BitDefender Internet Security v10, AntiVirus Plus v10 and AntiVirus v10 offers solutions with a wide range of protection created for different needs in the consumer and SMB segment. By now fully supporting Windows Vista, BitDefender offers consumers and SMBs the industry’s highest levels of anti-malware. Upgrading to the Vista-compatible versions of BitDefender products are free for all BitDefender users, trial users and subscribers.

Download here-
    Bitdefender antivirus
    Bitdefender Plus!
    Bitdefender Internet Security

BXtreme, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Dec 25, 2019
  4. tpriest Win User

Security Centre reports Kaspersky and Windows Defender turned off

In Windows Settings / Update and Security it only has Windows Defender in the list on the left hand side, this reports "The settings for Windows Defender Antivirus aren't available because it is turned off"; then gives the option to Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

In old-style Control Panel / Security and Maintenance, under the Security heading, it reports Windows Defender Antivirus and Kaspersky Internet Security are both turned off, and gives a button View Antivirus Applications. This shows the dialogue box I mentioned in the OP which lists the two installed virus protection applications: Kaspersky Internet Security - Off, Windows Defender Antivirus - Snoozed.

Kaspersky reports Your Computer is protected and can be seen in Task Manager to be running and consuming resources.

As Windows - falsely - claims neither is running there's no option to turn one off.

I'm wondering whether it started with this week's Windows updates.

I might try uninstalling and re-installing KIS to see if it makes any difference.

tpriest, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security Center reports Bitdefender Antivirus is turned off - Similar Threads - Security Center reports

2. windows security center is turned off error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security center is turned off error: Tish error came up so I went to Service app to look for Security center it was not there plz can some one help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-center-is-turned-off-error/98cf3d8c-16b4-4f07-b8e7-0e3b98de3e63
  3. windows security center is turned off error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security center is turned off error: Tish error came up so I went to Service app to look for Security center it was not there plz can some one help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-center-is-turned-off-error/98cf3d8c-16b4-4f07-b8e7-0e3b98de3e63
  4. windows security center is turned off error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitdefender Internet security reports:

Bitdefender Internet security reports:: msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to www.malwaredomainlist.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security...
  6. windows security center service turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows security center service turned off: windows security center service was turned off and when i tried to turn on it is saying that "can't be tuned on". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-center-service-turned-off/3d28e87c-28fb-4b03-8144-6ca6676736f0
  7. windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on

windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on: my windows 10 security center is turned off. I click it to go on, and only an ongoing "getting protection info.." appears, but never turn on....
  8. Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification

Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification: For a couple of weeks I have been receiving an occasional "Windows Security Center Service is turned off" notification. Since this started happening, when I turn on the computer I leave my cable modem disconnected and powered off until I check two things: Settings>View...
  9. WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers

WD Security Center reports I'm using other antivirus providers: Hello everyone! I'm having an issue with Windows 10 version 1703. I have tried a lot of solutions, seems nothing helps. Since Creators Update my Windows Defender doesn't seem to work as intended. I mean: scanning does work, updating does work, real time protection does work,...
  10. Action center reports Windows Defender and antivirus not active

Action center reports Windows Defender and antivirus not active: Very frequently (many times per session), I get the following pop-up message : "Check virus protection. Windows Defender and Trend Micro OfficeScan Anitvirus are both turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus apps. Security and Maintenance." I go to the Action...