Windows 10: windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on

Discus and support windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my windows 10 security center is turned off. I click it to go on, and only an ongoing "getting protection info.." appears, but never turn on.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tigerdog1800, Jun 14, 2020.

1. windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on

my windows 10 security center is turned off. I click it to go on, and only an ongoing "getting protection info.." appears, but never turn on.

:)

tigerdog1800, Jun 14, 2020

2. turn on windows security center service

hai prachakkhongkasem.

my name is dimas bayu. to turn on windows security center service. you can follow these steps

press win+r (run) -> type "services.msc" without quotes -> search "security center" -> right click at "security center" and choose properties -> click "start" to running security center service and make startup type to "automatic" -> after that, close services
    and restart your device.

maybe can help.

DimasBayu21, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jun 14, 2020
  4. windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on

turn on windows security center service

turn on windows security center service

prachakkhongkasem, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on

1. windows security center service is turned off and will not turn on - Similar Threads - security center service

2. Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service: Turn on Window Security Center Service.This notification keeps popping up on the screen notifications tab. When clicked Can't turn on Windows Security Center serviceThis message pops up on the screen. Please help me fix this problem....
  3. Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn on Window Security Center Service: Turn on Window Security Center Service.This notification keeps popping up on the screen notifications tab. When clicked Can't turn on Windows Security Center serviceThis message pops up on the screen. Please help me fix this problem....
  4. The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...: I don't know when this happened, but at one point I wanted some black ops 3 mods that would have gotten in the way of windows Security, the mods were safeso I had to add a folder exclusion, but when I tried to open Windows Security nothing would happen. After that I did some...
  5. The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Windows Security Service" and "Security Center" services have both turned off and...: I don't know when this happened, but at one point I wanted some black ops 3 mods that would have gotten in the way of windows Security, the mods were safeso I had to add a folder exclusion, but when I tried to open Windows Security nothing would happen. After that I did some...
  6. Turn on Windows Security Centre service is turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on Windows Security Centre service is turned off: hi, Windows Security Centre service is turned off and I cannot turned it on, the service window configuration is greyed out [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-on-windows-security-centre-service-is-turned/7b588f2d-8cab-48a5-a4b8-b1ba84e43205
  7. windows security center service turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows security center service turned off: windows security center service was turned off and when i tried to turn on it is saying that "can't be tuned on". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-center-service-turned-off/3d28e87c-28fb-4b03-8144-6ca6676736f0
  8. Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification

Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification: For a couple of weeks I have been receiving an occasional "Windows Security Center Service is turned off" notification. Since this started happening, when I turn on the computer I leave my cable modem disconnected and powered off until I check two things: Settings>View...
  9. turn on windows security center service

turn on windows security center service: turn on windows security center service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-windows-security-center-service/adcc8a1a-fb95-444c-87d1-bda1f9657ebf"
  10. windows defender & security center services keep turning off

windows defender & security center services keep turning off: Hello, my problem is that windows defender is turned off, and I cant get it to restart. I had a malware issue, after clicking a faulty setup file. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware deleted around 900 infected files. After reboot I realised that Windows Defender was turned off....