Windows 10: Windows Security Centre won't open

Discus and support Windows Security Centre won't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not really anything else to say, I'll upload an unlisted youtube video here of my trying to open it. Can't really find anything on google. And no the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FauxInfinity, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Windows Security Centre won't open

Not really anything else to say, I'll upload an unlisted youtube video here of my trying to open it. Can't really find anything on google. And no the task does not open up in task manager and the security services in "Services" are running. I only got the computer brand new today so a reset won't do anything.

https://youtu.be/inJPBKR3YU8

:)

FauxInfinity, Jul 24, 2020
  2. DenOGun Win User

Windows Defender Security Centre crashes on opening

Every time I try to open Windows Defender Security Centre, the window opens and closes immediately. There is no error logged in the event logs.

The old Windows Defender interface - MSASCui.exe opens just fine; the problem lies with MSASCuiL.exe which crashes instantly after opening.

I do not have any other antivirus software installed, nor have I ever. Scans with Microsoft Safety Scanner and MSASCui.exe do not find any malware.

Steps tried

1. All the steps listed here on the troubleshooting article.

2. sfc /scannow reveals no problems

3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completes successfully but to no avail

4. Clean boot performed

5. In-place install performed

6. Attempted to open in safe mode

None of the steps above seem to work.

I am using a desktop I built myself, running windows 10 v1703 build 15063.632. The Defender Security Centre has worked in the past but for some strange reason has not for the past week, or so I noticed.

Please do assist - a clean fresh install is however not an acceptable solution as this is a critical work computer.

DenOGun, Jul 29, 2020
  3. JConno Win User
    Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

Windows Defender Security Centre will not open.

In the Task Bar the little shield with a green tick is present. Double clicking does nothing. Right clicking brings up a menu but selecting an option does nothing.

Opening 'Windows Security' from the 'Settings' page opens up a window with:

• Open Windows Defender Security Centre - Clicking this does nothing
    • Virus & threat protection - Clicking this does nothing
    • Account protection - Clicking this does nothing
    • Firewall & network protection - Clicking this does nothing
    • App & browser control - Clicking this does nothing
    • Device security - Clicking this does nothing
    • Device performance & health - Clicking this does nothing
    • Family options - Clicking this does nothing

I have removed all other AV and this also changes nothing. Windows update is on and up to date. This is a valid/licensed and microsoft account linked version of win 10 (1803). Windows Defender Version:
    1.273.768.0 (03/08/18)

I was previously using avast AV and have removed it, I am now trying to use WDef and while it says its working I can not manually scan or open it.

Please help

JConno, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Windows Security Centre won't open

Security Centre

Hi Philip,

If you'd like to disable the "Actions recommended" notification, we suggest that you try the these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager and go to the Startup
      tab.
    • Locate Windows Defender notification icon and disable it.
    • Once you are done, restart your PC check if the notification will still appear.
    Feel free to post back for the end result.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security Centre won't open

1. Windows Security Centre won't open - Similar Threads - Security Centre won't

2. Please help me security centre is not showing and windows security is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me security centre is not showing and windows security is not opening: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-security-centre-is-not-showing-and/14af8620-8801-4b91-adeb-0bb8ccaabccd
  3. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Centre will not open: Windows Defender Security Centre will not open.In the Task Bar the little shield with a green tick is present. Double clicking does nothing. Right clicking brings up a menu but selecting an option does nothing.Opening 'Windows Security' from the 'Settings' page opens up a...
  4. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Security Centre will not open: Windows Defender Security Centre will not open.In the Task Bar the little shield with a green tick is present. Double clicking does nothing. Right clicking brings up a menu but selecting an option does nothing.Opening 'Windows Security' from the 'Settings' page opens up a...
  5. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Action centre won't open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action centre won't open.: Windows action centre won't open when clicked . Same goes for the system trays ( battery , volume & network ) . I am on the latest version of windows (2004) . I have tried restarting the windows explorer , restarted the device and forced it to shut down .I also tried writing...
  7. Windows action centre won't open .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows action centre won't open .: Windows action centre won't open when clicked . Same goes for the system trays battery , volume & network . I am on the latest version of windows 2004 . I have tried restarting the windows explorer , restarted the device and forced it to shut down .I also tried writing a...
  8. I can't open windows security centre

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open windows security centre: When I go to settings/update and security/ windows security and press "open windows defender security centre" the blue screen with windows defender opens up and then goes off and puts me back to where I was. I'm concerned that the security centre may have been overridden...
  9. Security centre

Security centre: Win 10 security centre keeps looping virus and threats as well as the firewall. In services it reads that SC is not enabled but task bar shows all is right. Setting are all greyed out. Please help as this is my means of security. Please help!!,...
  10. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

Windows Defender Security Centre will not open: Windows Defender Security Centre will not open. In the Task Bar the little shield with a green tick is present. Double clicking does nothing. Right clicking brings up a menu but selecting an option does nothing. Opening 'Windows Security' from the 'Settings' page opens up...