Windows 10: windows security --Cortana---The server web*.com is asking for your username and passwrd

Discus and support windows security --Cortana---The server web*.com is asking for your username and passwrd in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi I am having an issue with windows 10....when we set the proxy server ( we use an external site) and start to do a search for say control panel we... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by alphaeagle1999, May 28, 2019.

1. windows security --Cortana---The server web*.com is asking for your username and passwrd

Hi

I am having an issue with windows 10....when we set the proxy server ( we use an external site) and start to do a search for say control panel we get the windows security message.

Is there any way to stop this.......I have tried to turn off all messages and stopped Cortana from searching the web to no avail......

:)

alphaeagle1999, May 28, 2019

2. Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, May 28, 2019
  3. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, May 28, 2019
  4. Sallyos Win User

windows security --Cortana---The server web*.com is asking for your username and passwrd

Why is windows security asking for username and password

I am trying to log into university wifi but I can't connect because windows security keeps asking for username and password. Please help, thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sallyos, May 28, 2019
Thema:

windows security --Cortana---The server web*.com is asking for your username and passwrd

1. windows security --Cortana---The server web*.com is asking for your username and passwrd - Similar Threads - security Cortana server

2. Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...: Whenever I try to connect to the internet the connection shows "Action Needed" next to the connection and when I attempt to connect a Windows Security pop up comes up that says I need to enter my Username and Password, I tried entering my microsoft username and password but...
  3. Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...: Whenever I try to connect to the internet the connection shows "Action Needed" next to the connection and when I attempt to connect a Windows Security pop up comes up that says I need to enter my Username and Password, I tried entering my microsoft username and password but...
  4. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  5. Streaming Core COM Server?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Streaming Core COM Server?: I was looking through my task manger for anything fishy and spotted this process and am wondering what it is. It's called Streaming Core COM Server and when i open the file location its a program called StreamingCore in Program Files\Numecent\Application Jukebox Player. This...
  6. Cortana web search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana web search: Is there any way I can change Cortana settings so when I search for something it brings up a new tab in Google Chrome, not Microsoft Edge with bing. My default search engine is Google Chrome but it still opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge. submitted by /u/DATBOI___...
  7. Cortana not searching the web

in Cortana
    Cortana not searching the web: Cortana searches files instead of searching the web. E.x searching up 12431x3 it will show files named '12431x3' if it doesn't find files it will show "no result" . It used to search the web and bring up a calculator instead of searching files....
  8. the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password: the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/the-server-diseasonsxyz-is-asking-for-your-user/d59d204c-19b0-496e-844e-c58c29df618f
  9. Windows Security COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security COM Surrogate: I am a Windows 10 user. My PC displayed a dialogue box this morning that read: Windows Security, COM Surrogate. It listed: Microsoft Account:(My e-mail address), and then asked for my password. I never saw this before and am concerned if this is authentic or a possible...
  10. Keeping your Hosted Web App secure

in Windows 10 News
    Keeping your Hosted Web App secure: Hosted Web Apps running on Windows 10 benefit from the web platform improvements and updates implemented in Microsoft Edge, the default bowser of Windows 10. That same web platform and its new rendering engine also power Hosted Web Apps. When it comes to security, this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security is asking for your user name and password windows 10 harmful virus

2. proxy server is prompting for Windows security Microosft