Windows 10: Windows security- Credentials ???

Discus and support Windows security- Credentials ??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a NAS network that we work through via a D-Link that connects 5 computers. Recently we're having a problem where all of a sudden, we are UNABLE... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TS Bahama, Sep 14, 2018.

1. TS Bahama Win User

Windows security- Credentials ???

We have a NAS network that we work through via a D-Link that connects 5 computers. Recently we're having a problem where all of a sudden, we are UNABLE to access our network (it asks us for our credentials).

When we enter out credentials (which have never been changed & are correct), it won't let us into our Nas network.- We know the NAS is not faulty, and neither is the D-link because we can still connect to the internet (via D-link) and it's not all computers at the same time.

Strange thing is that it sometimes lets us in the network & sometimes not, kind of like a lucky packet. Sometimes it's computer 1 & tomorrow it might be computer 2, sometimes it'll let me in 2 hours later etc etc.
    So we figured its the computer settings itself, MAYBE WINDOWS or it's SECURITY settings.

HELP !!!!

:)

TS Bahama, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows security- Credentials ???

Microsoft security notification

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Are you logged in using Microsoft account on the desktop?

You might be face this issue if the Windows login credentials are removed from the Login Credential manger.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Start button and type "Credential Manager".

b. Click on the arrow near the "Windows cached credentials".

c. Check whether the Windows login credentials are listed over there.

d. If the credentials are listed, I suggest you to click on "Remove from vault" and follow the onscreen suggestions.

e. Now check for the issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows security- Credentials ???

1. Windows security- Credentials ??? - Similar Threads - security Credentials

2. Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot: I have ~100 PCs on my network, all Dell Optiplexes running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. I recently swapped out ~30 of them with new Optiplex 7010s. Each of the new PCs would hang up on the Dell Logo screen on the first reboot after joining the domain. I narrowed the issue down...
  3. Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot: I have ~100 PCs on my network, all Dell Optiplexes running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC. I recently swapped out ~30 of them with new Optiplex 7010s. Each of the new PCs would hang up on the Dell Logo screen on the first reboot after joining the domain. I narrowed the issue down...
  4. Credential Guard Causes Issue With Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Security - Your credentials did not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security - Your credentials did not work: I have a new lap top with Windows 10 installed. I set up my cloud software and all was working fine. However, my computer automatically updated to Windows 11 yesterday. I cannot access my RighNetworks site that has my cloud software. I get the error "your Credientials did not...
  6. Windows Security - Your credentials did not work

Windows Security - Your credentials did not work: I have a new lap top with Windows 10 installed. I set up my cloud software and all was working fine. However, my computer automatically updated to Windows 11 yesterday. I cannot access my RighNetworks site that has my cloud software. I get the error "your Credientials did not...
  7. Windows security wants credentials when connecting to wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security wants credentials when connecting to wifi.: When I use my username and password that I use to login to Windows it rejects, also use my personal Gmail password it still rejects. I have tried changing the passwords on system information with no avail, I have tried outlook and it is still the same thing....
  8. Windows security wants credentials when connecting to wifi.

Windows security wants credentials when connecting to wifi.: When I use my username and password that I use to login to Windows it rejects, also use my personal Gmail password it still rejects. I have tried changing the passwords on system information with no avail, I have tried outlook and it is still the same thing....
  9. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...
  10. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server 2016 prompt for credentials vs prompt for credentials on secure desktop

2. windows security credentials settings

3. Outlook Security Device Credential