Windows 10: Windows Security Dashboard closes immediately

Discus and support Windows Security Dashboard closes immediately in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I open the Windows Security dashboard, the window starts and then closes immediately, even before being complete. I do not find solutions online.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrea DP, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Andrea DP Win User

Windows Security Dashboard closes immediately

When I open the Windows Security dashboard, the window starts and then closes immediately, even before being complete. I do not find solutions online.

Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 build 17763.

thank you

:)

Andrea DP, Aug 29, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 29, 2019
  4. gra007 Win User

windows edge opens then closes immediately

Edge works fine in my account with administrative privilege but on my account without the administrative privilege it closes immediately even after applying the fix listed in the answer. My computer is brand new.

gra007, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security Dashboard closes immediately - Similar Threads - Security Dashboard closes

2. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  3. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  4. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  5. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  6. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft Security Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Dashboard: Did the Microsoft Security Dashboard format recently change? It looks different while trying to delete browsing history, Location, Data etc. Thanks* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. WD ssd's dashboard security

WD ssd's dashboard security: Came across this little nugget of info, thought I would share for anyone with Western Digital drives who use the dashboard's. Hopefully there will be updates soon. Trivial Bugs in Western Digital SSD Utility Puts Owners at Risk 137722
  9. WD ssd's dashboard security

in Windows 10 Support
    WD ssd's dashboard security: Came across this little nugget of info, thought I would share for anyone with Western Digital drives who use the dashboard's. Hopefully there will be updates soon. Trivial Bugs in Western Digital SSD Utility Puts Owners at Risk 137722
  10. Immediate closing of threads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Immediate closing of threads: How come when so many of us are having problems with the updates causing major problems with our pc's, and we come and try to resolve it, we get the stock answer of how to stay updated, then the thread closes. Maybe someone out there has a solution to the problem, and you are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security closes immediately

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. Windows 10 security dashboard closes on its own

4. windows defender closes immediately,
  5. windows security opens then closes,
  6. windows security opens and closes