Windows 10: Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

Discus and support Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my laptop has been infected and security has been tampered with. It would say that Windows Security Service isn't active and when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kurukSenshi, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

Recently my laptop has been infected and security has been tampered with. It would say that Windows Security Service isn't active and when I tried to activate it, it said it can't be opened. I contacted Microsoft support and their advice was to do an in-place upgrade so that's what I just did. After updating, I saw a green checkmark next to the Security tab and when I opened it, it was all back to normal for a couple of minutes. I started Malwarebytes after an update and now it's back to square one. It opened once and showed blank Security dashboard without any options and now it won't open at

:)

kurukSenshi, Mar 25, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

1. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue - Similar Threads - Security Dashboard won't

2. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue: Recently my laptop has been infected and security has been tampered with. It would say that Windows Security Service isn't active and when I tried to activate it, it said it can't be opened. I contacted Microsoft support and their advice was to do an in-place upgrade so...
  3. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue: Recently my laptop has been infected and security has been tampered with. It would say that Windows Security Service isn't active and when I tried to activate it, it said it can't be opened. I contacted Microsoft support and their advice was to do an in-place upgrade so...
  4. Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open: I just upgraded to Windows 11, already regretting it. Windows Security Dashboard won't open, Ive tried numerous times, restarted my computer checked for updates and installed any that were available but it still won't open. A Window will pop up like its going to open but then...
  5. Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open: I just upgraded to Windows 11, already regretting it. Windows Security Dashboard won't open, Ive tried numerous times, restarted my computer checked for updates and installed any that were available but it still won't open. A Window will pop up like its going to open but then...
  6. Microsoft Security Dashboard

Microsoft Security Dashboard: Did the Microsoft Security Dashboard format recently change? It looks different while trying to delete browsing history, Location, Data etc. Thanks* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Windows Security won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security won't open.: Hi! I am on windows 10 64 bits version 2004 but when I try to open windows security app, it starts then closes. Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-wont-open/e3e982c5-79ba-45e1-9fbe-dceef42e6e82
  8. Windows Security won't run properly!

Windows Security won't run properly!: When i try clicking on a page, it crashes! How do i fix this? specifically, the browser threats page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-wont-run-properly/ec7cd3dc-492e-4e81-83a1-423b7670e317
  9. windows security won't open

windows security won't open: I accidentally downloaded opera browser and avast antivirus while trying to download bit torrent. Shortly after, my Wifi stopped working,windows firewall got turned off and the PC stopped working to restart a few times on its own . I figured a virus had gotten downloaded so I...
  10. Cannot open Security Dashboard for Windows Defender

Cannot open Security Dashboard for Windows Defender: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. During installation, I set up Windows to put the Users file on my D:\ drive (https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/move-users-folder-location-in-windows-10.260/). Everything went smoothly until I did the...