Windows 10: Windows Security Dashboard wont open under admin account

Discus and support Windows Security Dashboard wont open under admin account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When setting up Windows I enable the admin account for elevation purposes, and run my standard account as a 'user'.I've just noticed when I log in to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dusty3737, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Dusty3737 Win User

Windows Security Dashboard wont open under admin account

When setting up Windows I enable the admin account for elevation purposes, and run my standard account as a 'user'.I've just noticed when I log in to the admin account the Security Dashboard icon shows a yellow exclamation not present when logged as a user and when clicked redirects me to the Store saying I need a new app to open this link...?The Security Dashboards loads fine under 'user' and elevates when required.

:)

Dusty3737, Jul 21, 2021
  2. mischa01 Win User

windows 7 hidden admin account infected

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine, however it has no admin priviledges.

I know what the virus is.. its a xps viewer.exe virus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this stupid ivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected"

please help me.

Thanks

mischa01, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Jul 21, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Security Dashboard wont open under admin account - Similar Threads - Security Dashboard wont

2. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue: Recently my laptop has been infected and security has been tampered with. It would say that Windows Security Service isn't active and when I tried to activate it, it said it can't be opened. I contacted Microsoft support and their advice was to do an in-place upgrade so...
  3. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue: Recently my laptop has been infected and security has been tampered with. It would say that Windows Security Service isn't active and when I tried to activate it, it said it can't be opened. I contacted Microsoft support and their advice was to do an in-place upgrade so...
  4. Windows Security Dashboard won't open properly Windows Security issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open: I just upgraded to Windows 11, already regretting it. Windows Security Dashboard won't open, Ive tried numerous times, restarted my computer checked for updates and installed any that were available but it still won't open. A Window will pop up like its going to open but then...
  6. Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open

Windows 11 Windows Security Dashboard Won't Open: I just upgraded to Windows 11, already regretting it. Windows Security Dashboard won't open, Ive tried numerous times, restarted my computer checked for updates and installed any that were available but it still won't open. A Window will pop up like its going to open but then...
  7. windows security dashboard wont open after uninstalling norton antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security dashboard wont open after uninstalling norton antivirus: hi guys I bought my son an MSI laptop that comes with Norton antivirus preinstalled. I used nrt to get rid of Norton but now windows security dashboard doesn't open. Windows asks me, every time, to choose an app in the Microsoft store to open the security suite. THANKS...
  8. windows security dashboard wont open after uninstalling norton antivirus

windows security dashboard wont open after uninstalling norton antivirus: hi guys I bought my son an MSI laptop that comes with Norton antivirus preinstalled. I used nrt to get rid of Norton but now windows security dashboard doesn't open. Windows asks me, every time, to choose an app in the Microsoft store to open the security suite. THANKS...
  9. Windows Security wont open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security wont open: I recently got a notification saying that there are problems in my account protection, so i cluck the "Open windows security" button, but all it does is shiw a brief window and then vanish, pls help submitted by /u/Elf_Commander [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot open Security Dashboard for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot open Security Dashboard for Windows Defender: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. During installation, I set up Windows to put the Users file on my D:\ drive (https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/move-users-folder-location-in-windows-10.260/). Everything went smoothly until I did the...