Windows 10: Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when...

Discus and support Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.613 installed today as an upgrade on a laptop.I have no other anti-virus/anti-malware software installed.When the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Balathustrius, May 10, 2022.

1. Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when...

Windows 11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.613 installed today as an upgrade on a laptop.I have no other anti-virus/anti-malware software installed.When the computer first boots up, I will see an icon in the taskbar briefly that says "Actions recommended" if I hover over it, but the icon is not clickable in any way and then just goes away completely after a few minutes.If I try to click on "Windows Security" in the "Privacy & Security" section of the Settings menu, the whole menu will completely lock up and be no longer responsive.What I have tried:Repair install actually did that 2x nowDISM /Onl

:)

Balathustrius, May 10, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 10, 2022
  3. jackin Win User
    How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when... 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, May 10, 2022
  4. Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when...

Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when...

1. Windows Security doesn't show up in taskbar, and has a blank window with zero options when... - Similar Threads - Security doesn't show

2. Windows security showing Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security showing Blank Screen: Hi there:I am wondering why my Windows security open but showing blank screen. Once or twice in a while. I close it and open again and again but facing same blank screen problem. Is anyone else facing the same issue? And when i run mpcmdrun.exe command in Run it shows Windows...
  3. Windows security showing Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security showing Blank Screen: Hi there:I am wondering why my Windows security open but showing blank screen. Once or twice in a while. I close it and open again and again but facing same blank screen problem. Is anyone else facing the same issue? And when i run mpcmdrun.exe command in Run it shows Windows...
  4. Windows security doesn't show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security doesn't show: i have a problem that my windows security is gone and i don't know whyi can't access windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-doesnt-show/10414f1a-5175-48a2-b0c4-757292781be3
  5. Windows security doesn't show

Windows security doesn't show: i have a problem that my windows security is gone and i don't know whyi can't access windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-doesnt-show/10414f1a-5175-48a2-b0c4-757292781be3
  6. The pc doesn't respond in window display and the taskbar doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pc doesn't respond in window display and the taskbar doesn't show up: Hello,I'm having an issue when i turn on my pc it slows down to open up it doesn't happen before but know it takes a 20-30 sec to open to the window and in the window display the task bar won't show and when i try to go to the task bar by the cursor it won't appear just the...
  7. The pc doesn't respond in window display and the taskbar doesn't show up

The pc doesn't respond in window display and the taskbar doesn't show up: Hello,I'm having an issue when i turn on my pc it slows down to open up it doesn't happen before but know it takes a 20-30 sec to open to the window and in the window display the task bar won't show and when i try to go to the task bar by the cursor it won't appear just the...
  8. Windows Security shows blank...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security shows blank...: Hello! I am a bit worried as my Windows Security is blank. I may have accidentally deleted an important file with connection to this. When I tried Registry Editor I followed a tutorial here, "Windefense" was not there... May i know how I could resolve this? I need to scan for...
  9. WiFi option doesn't show up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi option doesn't show up.: Okay, so, I don't know how did this happen but my wifi suddenly stopped working. I had to restart my laptop a few times so I can connect back my network and keep doing what I was doing, but after the last fime I restarted it, I noticed that there isn't a Wifi option, just the...
  10. Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse: Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse Hi everyone, I have enabled auto-hide taskbar but I am not able to bring the taskbar after hovering mouse at bottom of the screen. This only happens when I access any minimized application through the taskbar.[when I open app for...