Windows 10: Windows security Essentials

Discus and support Windows security Essentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out which file to download/ Version: 4.10.0209.0 File Name: ENUS\amd64\MSEInstall.exe ENUS\x86\MSEInstall.exe Date... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DennisHutchison, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Windows security Essentials

I am trying to figure out which file to download/

Version:

File Name:

ENUS\amd64\MSEInstall.exe

ENUS\x86\MSEInstall.exe

Date Published:

11/29/2016

File Size:

14.4 MB

:)

DennisHutchison, Jul 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Windows security Essentials

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows security Essentials

1. Windows security Essentials - Similar Threads - security Essentials

2. security essentials wont install error 70643

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security essentials wont install error 70643: Please will you suggest how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-wont-install-error-70643/ab0c4679-3161-4a5d-8d3f-1a6f2476222d
  3. MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC

MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC: MS security essentials wont reinstall on my old win 7 (32bit) netbook (have tried 50692 fixit) cant install error = 0x80070643, All other SW runs fine currently using Panda anti virus, have tried disabling antivirus during attempts at insalling security essentials....
  4. When rebooting or restarting my PC, I am experiencing a Microsoft Security Essentials hang...

When rebooting or restarting my PC, I am experiencing a Microsoft Security Essentials hang...: When I reboot or restart my PC, the PC goes thru the boot process of loading all start up programs but when it gets to Microsoft Security Essentials it gets hung up for about 15-20 seconds. After that time of 15 seconds the remaining start up programs finish loading. This...
  5. I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...: so about yesterday when i was sitting on my pc i got a ping from avira saying that it had quartined a suspicious file that looked like a CryptoMiner.gen so thinking nothing of it i did the rational thing and told avira to remove the malware and then went on with my day an...
  6. How can I activate security essentials while running windows xp

How can I activate security essentials while running windows xp: How can I activate security essentials while running windowsxp. I have it downloaded but it won't run now. * Moved fron XP/Security * Original title: security essentials...
  7. What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?

What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?: What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7? * Original title: windows 7 ends support * Moved from Windows 7/Updates...
  8. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  9. Microsoft Security Essentials Updates are huge

Microsoft Security Essentials Updates are huge: I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7. There has been a large increase in the size of Microsoft Security Essentials Updates for me lately. Is this just me? I don't have broadband and I have limited usage so this is a problem for me. Is there something I can do...
  10. Microsoft security essentials setting

Microsoft security essentials setting: Microsoft security scan setting "run only when PC is on but not in use". Explain please * Moved from Windows 7/Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-setting/4736cca9-bbf1-4533-8dbe-d880f32e81cb