Windows 10: Windows Security exclusions list

Discus and support Windows Security exclusions list in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After getting message saying Administrator blocked the execution of a file deemed unsafe, i.e. "D:\setup.exe", which came with my 8 year old Samsung... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatrickCM, Dec 3, 2020.

1. PatrickCM Win User

Windows Security exclusions list

After getting message saying Administrator blocked the execution of a file deemed unsafe, i.e. "D:\setup.exe", which came with my 8 year old Samsung multifunction printer, I added it to the Windows Security exclusions list and ran again. Unfortunately, I get the same administrator blocked file message. BTW, my Avast antivirus is in passive mode already, and I have also tried adding "D:\setup.exe" to its exclusions list and reran and again get the administrator block message. Interesting thing is on the administrator block message, the publisher is listed as Unknown, although the Samsung disk came with my printer when purchased. Any suggestion or help would be highly appreciated.

:)

PatrickCM, Dec 3, 2020

2. Unable to add exclusion in Windows Security

Hello Paul.

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.836)

Controlled Folder Access is off.

Following your suggestion, Windows Security allowed me to add the folder as an exclusion, and I was then able to also add the file in question as an exclusion.

However, despite the file being listed under "Exclusions" it is still being deleted every time I copy it to the program's directory without any warnings or messages.

MikeGrant65, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

Hello!,

When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear.

Windows Security exclusions list [​IMG]

Does it happen to someone else?

Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated.

Regards.

NSchwender, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Security exclusions list - Similar Threads - Security exclusions list

2. exclusions list isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exclusions list isn't working: im trying to add a file to my windows defender exclusions list but its not showing up. no error code or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclusions-list-isnt-working/529006c7-67fd-4239-8de1-58c0497582c2
  3. exclusions list isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exclusions list isn't working: im trying to add a file to my windows defender exclusions list but its not showing up. no error code or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclusions-list-isnt-working/529006c7-67fd-4239-8de1-58c0497582c2
  4. exclusions list isn't working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. exclusion list of registry items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exclusion list of registry items: I was running the ccleaner registry cleaner, and there was a file that would just not be eliminated. I tried and tried multiple scans and it would not disappear. I highlighted it and saw an option that said "add to exclusion list" . now it doesn't appear in the scan, but is...
  6. add an exclusion in Windows Security

add an exclusion in Windows Security: For some reason the "Add an exclusion" in Windows Security has stopped working. I cannot add an exclusion. When I select a folder to exclude it does not show in Exclusions and all the previous exclusions have disappeared....
  7. Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear: Hello!, When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear. [img] Does it happen to someone else? Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated. Regards. 167114
  8. BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List: I noticed yesterday, WD engine installed an update, i opened my exclusions list and it was empty, they only appear in the registry but not the exclusions Ui. I read that a workaround for this issue is using group policy editor to exclude the paths and doing that makes them...
  9. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender: Hey guys, I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He advised me that there is a way to prevent windows defender from scanning it, however I myself couldn't figure out how to add...
  10. Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List": Windows 10; Build 11082. WHERE is the DATA folder located? I am trying to remove it from the exclusion list. [img] 34751