Windows 10: Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all.

Discus and support Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So two weeks ago, I downloaded an exe from a sketchy site and ran it. Unfortunately the next day, I opened up Windows Security to do a scan because of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyMessina2, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all.

So two weeks ago, I downloaded an exe from a sketchy site and ran it. Unfortunately the next day, I opened up Windows Security to do a scan because of the slowness while navigating through file explorer and there is literally nothing, all I see is "Security at a glance" with the description under it, everything else is missing.

List of issues with my PC since the download:

-Windows security doesn't work

-Windows firewall is broken

-Windows Explorer is very slow and delayed

-Windows Store is broken, nothing will download or update

-Wuauserv service doesn't exist at least from an error I got recently, not sure if this matters

-Windows Defender Antivirus service doesn't exist

-Computer takes longer to boot

-In general, the computer is slower with the tasks I tend to do daily

In the past, I've had issues with the Windows Store and Windows Security, the exact same issues, but not with anything else. Sometimes I think it's more as a windows update breaking everything than a virus causing havoc. Anyways I've looked at many forum posts for help, but most show either outdated solutions or recommended repairing Windows. If repairing Windows involves not losing files then I'm okay with that, but I prefer something that wouldn't soar through time as I'm a college student trying to get my work done.

:)

TonyMessina2, Feb 11, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Router Firewall?

Your router firewall lets you configure basic things like "Attack Protection", "DOS Protection" and service filtering with basic options for disabling HTTP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, SNMP from external networks where you still get your internet from your ISP's gateway and every other communication from the WAN is blocked. You can also set up a service filter list in many cases. This is nifty. Though protection from the router isn't an alternative for even software firewalls, leave alone hardware ones. You will need a good software firewall such as free Zone Alarm / the firewall that comes with your security suite, if you're paranoid about security, else a properly updated Windows installation with the Windows Firewall is a good thing too.

btarunr, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all.

windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all.

1. Windows Security, Firewall, and other things not working properly or not at all. - Similar Threads - Security Firewall things

2. windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows antivirus{security}and windows firewall and exploit protection and TPM they all...: Hello I have a serious problem. when i start up laptop everything is set correct. then when i go to few different web sites or youtube When I am finished reading or watching something and want to click on anywhere on the web page and nothing clicks. The only way to close the...
  3. My windows security isn't showing all the things

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows security isn't showing all the things: Hi guys i have a problem with my windows securityits not showing me all the things like virus & threat protection, account protection, etc......
  4. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  5. Update & Security not working properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update & Security not working properly.: According to SETTING/ABOUT I am running Widows 10 Home Version 2004 OS 19041.985 Experience pack 120.2212.2020.0 which was loaded 0n 20/10/20. I cannot remember if I have tried to check for outstanding updates since then, but when I run the software to check for updates it...
  6. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  7. Security Defender is not working properly

Security Defender is not working properly: Sir, after a long time span i tried to turn off windows securities real time protection, during navigation to windows security tab in settings, no options were loading, i then clicked on open windows security there also any of option were not loading, when clicked on...
  8. Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working

Windows Security and Windows Firewall not working: Hi there, I was having this problem since this morning, and I don't know how to fix this. Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-and-windows-firewall-not-working/ee671fa2-ba76-4988-b34f-cacbe0cc9fa9
  9. Windows start and other things not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start and other things not working: I cannot open the windows start menu. I can’t open internet explorer. I can’t open any settings or network settings so I can’t connect to wifi. I can’t type in the windows search bar either. I’ve tried multiple things and hasn’t worked....
  10. Window Firewall Security Scam?

Window Firewall Security Scam?: I am receiving calls from someone who states my firewall security is running out and wants me to update the windows security program. If I want to cancel they will refund $200 to any account I give them. My issue is I am not aware of any firewall protection from Microsoft...