Windows 10: Windows Security found something that doesn't exist

Discus and support Windows Security found something that doesn't exist in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, So windows security tells me I have something I need to look at. I look at it and tell it to remove it but it doesn't do anything. the file path... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KylerEvans, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Windows Security found something that doesn't exist

Hello, So windows security tells me I have something I need to look at. I look at it and tell it to remove it but it doesn't do anything. the file path leads to the recycle bin but the recycle bin is empty. I copy and pasted the file path into file explorer and it pulled up a window to restore the file and said that the file was taking up 0 bytes. I've restarted the computer multiple times, but it hasn't fixed.

a few hours ago I opened the storage cleanup thing in settings and it was running to delete some windows upgrade files as well as empty the recycle. I emptied the recycle manually while the process was running, this could have caused it but I'm unsure. I just want the message to go away, because it worries me that it's there.

the file is AppWindows Security found something that doesn't exist :poweriso_BundleInstaller

:)

KylerEvans, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Found new hardware always on startup?

You probably missed something... if you did a bios reset heres a short list of things that could have possibly been turned on - if they exist on your board:

Raid controller
    1394 (Firewire)
    USB
    Audio

And along the lines of the sexy Demulta's suggestion (ok, maybe he's not so sexy, just his avitar *Smile Windows Security found something that doesn't exist :)), go to "my computer" in windows explorer, right click properties - Hardware tab, device manager. Look through the tree for anything that has a big yellow "?" - question mark.

The fact that the hardware is listed as "Security Center" has me puzzled though... I didn't notice that before.

Sasqui, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Windows Security found something that doesn't exist

JohnthePilot, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security found something that doesn't exist

1. Windows Security found something that doesn't exist - Similar Threads - Security found something

2. Windows Security not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security not found: i think an app that turn off windows defender deleted all windows defender and windows security center and related regedit files , i said that because i watched some youtube on how to repair them but i couldn't find the files in my registory editor , i also searched for...
  3. Windows Security not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security not found: i think an app that turn off windows defender deleted all windows defender and windows security center and related regedit files , i said that because i watched some youtube on how to repair them but i couldn't find the files in my registory editor , i also searched for...
  4. Windows Security not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account doesn't exist: I'm using my school account to ask this but, I have a personal account that I made when I bought my PC a couple years ago and while it's still connected to my PC whenever I try to login online I states the above. I went through Microsoft costumer service but, it didn't really...
  6. Windows Security Does not Exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Does not Exist: I'm trying to disable Real Time Protection but when I try to access it from any mean start menu, Settings, etc. its icon is there but it just won't run. not only that, but also it won't appear in installed apps menu so that I can reset it. Even while updating I receive a...
  7. Account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account doesn't exist: When my ex set up my computer, for some reason he made an Outlook account that I've never used. My sign in page for my computer has this email address and so I have a Microsoft account associated with that bogus email. All my photos are backing up to this account, all my...
  8. That Microsoft account doesn't exist/ something went wrong 0x80048820

in Windows 10 Gaming
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist/ something went wrong 0x80048820: I have been using the same Microsoft account for both xbox and Microsoft office for years. I recently made a new email address that i have been using instead of the old one and decided to add it to my account as an "alias". Then i assigned the new email address as my...
  9. Kaspersky found something

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kaspersky found something: Hi! So I was just minding my own business, when yesterday, Kaspersky popped up an alert, that he found a threat in memory Trojan.Multi.BroSubcs.gen Kaspersky gave me the chance to repair the file, so I did and I restarted the computer. I did a full test with Kaspersky, and...
  10. Keyset doesn't exist

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyset doesn't exist: I reset my password two days or so ago and then when I was trying to figure out an issue with Skype saying my pin was an issue, I discovered that my account on my Microsoft computer stated that I needed to verify my identity. When I tried to do that, it gave me an error...