Windows 10: Windows Security gives a blank screen

Discus and support Windows Security gives a blank screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home ver 1909 build: 18363.657 when I go Window Security and click on Open Window Security it opens a blank window. Also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kwizatz_Haderah, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Windows Security gives a blank screen

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home ver 1909 build: 18363.657

when I go Window Security and click on Open Window Security it opens a blank window. Also Virus and Threat protection has green check marks however clicking the Quick Scan does nothing.

Real time protection is grayed out.

Cloud protection is grayed out.

Tamper protection is grayed out.

Checking the security providers says no providers.

In Services i do not have windows defender but I do have Windows Defender Network Inspection service which is not running.

I did NOT have any 3rd party antivirus software installed. I also had some Windows Update error like 0x80080005 which I fixed by restoring some registry values.

Any ideas if that i fixable ..or should I get an 3rd party antivirus ?

PS: i did run malwarebites and adaware which found nothing. both are uninstalled.

submitted by /u/Kwizatz_Haderah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kwizatz_Haderah, Feb 18, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Windows Security gives a blank screen

blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security gives a blank screen

1. Windows Security gives a blank screen - Similar Threads - Security blank screen

2. Windows Security Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Blank Screen: I clean installed Windows 11, and since then it has gone blank. I have tried pretty much every method there is onlineSFCDISMRepair/ResetUpdatesPolicy changesRegistry editingNothing seems to work....
  3. Windows Security is a blank screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is a blank screen: I see a blank window with a blue shield when I open Windows Security. Here's the image of Windows Security along with Microsoft Defender. The window stays that way for about 30 secs before closing. When I open Windows Security, I expect security-related options instead of a...
  4. Windows Security blank screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security blank screen: Windows security screen is blank. When I try to open it, it shows the error " windows security service can't be started". what to do? I have already repaired my windows 2 times, but the issue isn't resolving. current version is windows 10. Does upgrading to windows 11 solve...
  5. Windows Security blank screen

Windows Security blank screen: Windows security screen is blank. When I try to open it, it shows the error " windows security service can't be started". what to do? I have already repaired my windows 2 times, but the issue isn't resolving. current version is windows 10. Does upgrading to windows 11 solve...
  6. Blank screen windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen windows security: so recently i installed some mods for gta san andreas the chaos mod but it was a virus and i luckly did it and got him away because malwarebyte but the virus deleted all my windows security files and there are some screenshots but it german so i hope there is away to get my...
  7. BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY: so i wanted to turn on my windows defender because it was turned off so when i tried this happeni really need help and i hope there is a away so i dont lose my games and other files i tried some tutorials on yt it seems like a virus or something deleted my windows defender...
  8. BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY

BLANK SCREEN WINDOWS SECURITY: so i wanted to turn on my windows defender because it was turned off so when i tried this happeni really need help and i hope there is a away so i dont lose my games and other files i tried some tutorials on yt it seems like a virus or something deleted my windows defender...
  9. Windows Security Screen Blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Screen Blank: I went to go run a scan on my computer and the whole windows security screen is blank. Currently I have no firewall or virus protection and I need to re instate windows defender somehow. I'm on windows 10 home edition....
  10. windows security blank screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security blank screen: windows security blank screen WHEN I OPEN WINDOWS SECURITY IT IS NOT SHOWING ME ANY OPTIONS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-blank-screen/8ded8bc4-580a-43ad-9a5d-3985536fbf53