Windows 10: Windows Security - good enough?

Discus and support Windows Security - good enough? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; New to Windows 10 (Pro) ... upgraded from Windows 7 (Pro) then clean-installed W10 on a Dell 660, clearing out all my software in the process. So now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike T, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Mike T Win User

Windows Security - good enough?

New to Windows 10 (Pro) ... upgraded from Windows 7 (Pro) then clean-installed W10 on a Dell 660, clearing out all my software in the process. So now I'm trying to decide whether to reinstall 3P virus/malware/firewall/etc. software. Previously was using Kaspersky.

Is Windows Security "good enough" by itself? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

Mike T, Oct 14, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 14, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 14, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Security - good enough? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security - good enough? - Similar Threads - Security enough

2. Is windows security enough in 2022?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is windows security enough in 2022?: Is windows security enough in 2022? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-windows-security-enough-in-2022/e752c5f3-75cc-4d00-8332-8ef07a7a3b10
  3. I want to know if just using microsoft security enough to protect my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know if just using microsoft security enough to protect my new laptop: Hello I got 30 days of free security with mcafee so i wander if I dont renew it will microsoft security be enough to protect my new windows 11 home laptop? I wont be using the paid version of micrsoft security.And second ? I got a notice theres a update for windows powershell...
  4. I want to know if just using microsoft security enough to protect my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to know if just using microsoft security enough to protect my new laptop: Hello I got 30 days of free security with mcafee so i wander if I dont renew it will microsoft security be enough to protect my new windows 11 home laptop? I wont be using the paid version of micrsoft security.And second ? I got a notice theres a update for windows powershell...
  5. Is windows security enough protection for my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows security enough protection for my PC?: I’ve heard that it doesn’t do live scans and that it can miss a lot of viruses. submitted by /u/iOnlyUseThisToAsk69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o6ifkc/is_windows_security_enough_protection_for_my_pc/
  6. Is Windows Security good enough to protect my laptop?

Is Windows Security good enough to protect my laptop?: Hi Community,I've been always thinking of buying a Anti-Virus subscription for my laptop as my existing McAfee subscription which came with my laptop has ended. I had no issues using McAfee but only few performance drop sometimes as it took lot of resources once in a while.So...
  7. Is windows security enough to handle Viruses etc?

Is windows security enough to handle Viruses etc?: I am using NOD32 Antivirus, though i don't download unnecessary software, i rarely use my flash drive on other people's pc. I'm using NOD32 cause I'm pretty sure that windows security doesn't provide real time protectionor does it?. Am i using a third party Antivirus software...
  8. Is the windows security enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the windows security enough?: Guys I have avast installed and It's kinda kinda slowing down my PC cuz I only hv 6gb of ram so if I uninstall avast will windows security take the job. I stay A LOT on the web soooo... what if I enter a malicious link..? submitted by /u/Apollo_YouTube [link] [comments]...
  9. Does windows security enough?

Does windows security enough?: I just reinstall the windows and thinking about AV, i want to use my previous AV its AVAST but since they put lots of ads lately, i thinking twice to go back. So i take a look at windows defender/windows security and i want to ask does windows security have shield feature...
  10. do i need additional security or will Defender be enough

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do i need additional security or will Defender be enough: Do I need additional security or is windows defender enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-additional-security-or-will-defender-be/5087a91d-d371-4183-9541-3370882f8d21