Windows 10: Windows Security GUI (SecHealthUI.exe) does not start.

Discus and support Windows Security GUI (SecHealthUI.exe) does not start. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security, the dashboard looks like everything operating well. However, if I click on "Open... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jdkennedy, Apr 19, 2019.

1. jdkennedy Win User

Windows Security GUI (SecHealthUI.exe) does not start.

When I go to Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security, the dashboard looks like everything operating well. However, if I click on "Open Windows Security", I get a request to look for an app in the Microsoft Store to open "windowsdefender". SecHealthUI.exe does exist in the proper directory, but the link to it from Settings (and elsewhere for that matter) appears to be broken. So while the security background processes appear to be running ok, the GUI does not, so no changes can be made.

Win10 Pro 1809, build 17763.404

Windows Security GUI (SecHealthUI.exe) does not start. 42f8d66f-29c6-4758-9f71-63bd8ed9eb1f?upload=true.png

:)

jdkennedy, Apr 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Security Center Service can't be started

I am also having a probem starting windows security center. When I did the following step: I found the following disabled:

Security center properties

Windows update properties

Security center WSCSV

Remote registry

net.tcp port sharing

internet connection sharing

COMODO LPS launcher

COMODO Internet security

Auto time zone update

Should these be enabled and if so how do I enable them?

I have no defense toward any threats at this time. Please help!!

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Locate for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Check whether the following services are Started and set to Automatic.

vickibaughman, Apr 19, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 19, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security GUI (SecHealthUI.exe) does not start. - Similar Threads - Security GUI SecHealthUI

2. Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing: HiI've just completed a clean install of Windows 11 Pro from a disc. However the SecHealthUI is missing and cannot be installed.Running `get-appxpackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers` using Powershell in Admin mode from an administrator account returns nothing. The folder...
  3. Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro SecHealthUI missing: HiI've just completed a clean install of Windows 11 Pro from a disc. However the SecHealthUI is missing and cannot be installed.Running `get-appxpackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers` using Powershell in Admin mode from an administrator account returns nothing. The folder...
  4. Windows security GUI problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security GUI problem: I have no idea why the GUI becomes like thatOS : Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-gui-problem/57713cc1-c81f-46d4-8f93-13619a3b41d9
  5. Windows security GUI problem

Windows security GUI problem: I have no idea why the GUI becomes like thatOS : Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-gui-problem/57713cc1-c81f-46d4-8f93-13619a3b41d9
  6. Windows security offline does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security offline does not start: hi,I cannot start the offline scan for the Windows security. Just will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-offline-does-not-start/1ffd5d7e-762e-4019-829c-ff8821f46e02
  7. Windows security offline does not start

Windows security offline does not start: hi,I cannot start the offline scan for the Windows security. Just will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-offline-does-not-start/1ffd5d7e-762e-4019-829c-ff8821f46e02
  8. Windows Security center GUI application not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security center GUI application not opening: Hi,I am Pushkar I have been trying to open windows security or windows defender in notification area and on start menu but isn't get opened.When I click on the icon it opens and instantly closes without any reason.I have all the latest updates in windows 10.I have the 20H2...
  9. Running a .exe with no GUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a .exe with no GUI: I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be...
  10. GUI not launching on Windows 10 start

in Windows 10 Customization
    GUI not launching on Windows 10 start: Whenever I launch Windows 10 the GUI does not start up, but the command prompt does. Entering "explorer" into the command prompt then launches the GUI. I believe this to be due to a registry error, as I was recently facing issues with command prompt and so attempted to reset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sechealthui can I run it automatically

2. sechealthui wont open

3. sechealthui.exe wont open

4. sechealthui.exe application error,
  5. secHealthUI.exe windows.ui.xaml.dll 1903