Windows 10: Windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan

Discus and support Windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently encountered a problem where windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan. I have pressed take action against malware and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CalumMcDonald2000, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan

I have recently encountered a problem where windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan. I have pressed take action against malware and told the security to remove the trojan. it the pops up saying that it could not remove the trojan, I then downloaded an antivirus software like AVG to try and deal with the trojan but when i scan on AVG the trojan doesn't show up, even on a deep scan. the only programme the picks it up is windows. what do I do?

:)

CalumMcDonald2000, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Aug 6, 2020
  3. MEGGG100 Win User
    Trojans

Windows Defender is not getting rid of the Trojans. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you

MEGGG100, Aug 6, 2020
  4. djbbenn Win User

Windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan

New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan

1. Windows security has been telling me that I have a trojan - Similar Threads - security has been

2. The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security...: where i can find it so that i can turn it on? it is not in the core isolation section. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-latest-of-fun-w11-bugs-has-hit-me-windows/f4129164-3103-4526-88fb-05299d7bd4c5
  3. The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest of fun W11 bugs has hit me. Windows Security is telling me Local Security...: where i can find it so that i can turn it on? it is not in the core isolation section. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-latest-of-fun-w11-bugs-has-hit-me-windows/f4129164-3103-4526-88fb-05299d7bd4c5
  4. Windows Security keeps on telling me that I have to turn on my Local Security Authority...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security keeps on telling me that I have to turn on my Local Security Authority...: Windows Security keeps on telling me that I have to turn on my Local Security Authority Protection when I already did and even restarted my laptop. Also, I already tried turning it off then on again but it's still telling me to restart my laptop. What should I do?...
  5. Windows Security keeps on telling me that I have to turn on my Local Security Authority...

Windows Security keeps on telling me that I have to turn on my Local Security Authority...: Windows Security keeps on telling me that I have to turn on my Local Security Authority Protection when I already did and even restarted my laptop. Also, I already tried turning it off then on again but it's still telling me to restart my laptop. What should I do?...
  6. webroot keeps telling me I have a trojan downloader but their program cant find it how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    webroot keeps telling me I have a trojan downloader but their program cant find it how to...: I have webroot and it keep telling me I have a trojan downloader in the C:\windows\sysnative\WindowsPower...\powershell.exe when I search for the file it is nowhere to be found and when I run a scan on webroot doesn't pick it up.I have run FRST here is the log Addition.txt...
  7. My storage has been telling me I have full storage when I don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage has been telling me I have full storage when I don't: So, I have 445 GB of Storage Total on my C Drive as you can see here in the screenshot. But When I go to my settings and Storage it says This.I'm only holding at least 100 or So GBs of Storage, and It's telling me I have over TBs and PBs when I don't.Does anyone know what's...
  8. My storage has been telling me I have full storage when I don't

My storage has been telling me I have full storage when I don't: So, I have 445 GB of Storage Total on my C Drive as you can see here in the screenshot. But When I go to my settings and Storage it says This.I'm only holding at least 100 or So GBs of Storage, and It's telling me I have over TBs and PBs when I don't.Does anyone know what's...
  9. I have been infected with Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been infected with Trojan: Hi, I’m running Windows 7 Basic on my Netbook laptop. The taskeng.exe window kept randomly appearing so I ran a few different virus scanners and Malwarebytes found this: Trojan.MalPack, C:\USERS\VINCE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\VETHFFSS\ERDCJHUI.EXE and...
  10. My Norton AV tells me: "dm_log_collector.exe is not safe and has been

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Norton AV tells me: "dm_log_collector.exe is not safe and has been: How to Identify Source of WDF_violation in windows 10 - Howdy All! I'm still working out the kinks in Windows 10. When I needed the ability to run a Restore Point and followed these steps: Shift-Restart -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> System Restore I came up...