Windows 10: Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning

Discus and support Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For sometime I have been getting a security warning as mentioned in the subject bar. It says 'server vauntedtwo.pw' is asking for name and password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesPaysinger, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning

For sometime I have been getting a security warning as mentioned in the subject bar. It says 'server vauntedtwo.pw' is asking for name and password. Says the URL has been blocked by an official govt agency, and list some Copyright Act of 1957 section code violations. I click off of it but it reappears multiple times each day. It asks me to sign in which of course I wont do. What is it and how can I get rid of it? Charles

:)

CharlesPaysinger, Nov 6, 2018

2. Pop Up security warning

Good that you didn't click on anything and that you didn't call that number. That what you were seeing are fake alerts which try to trick you into calling some obscure companies who then will try to sell you their unneeded services/products.

Please read the following article which describes in detail various methods how to get out of such pop ups. The article also mentions methods how to prevent these kind of fake alerts.

In case you keep on getting these pop ups, it is recommended to run some scans as described here:

Suggestion to also take the time and to read:

Jsssssssss, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Getting this security warning

Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning [​IMG]
    Warning That is most definitely a scam, whatever you do don't call that number, don't allow that page open pop-ups!

You said that page will open every time you open Edge. That might be because the site has added it to the list of pages that opens whenever Edge is launched. I've see this happen when user has accidentally visited a not too safe site. Check that list first, if the page is there remove it by clicking the X after the site address. See screenshot:

Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning [​IMG]

Kari, Nov 6, 2018
  4. CarlCarey Win User

Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning

File Download security warning

If it's a desktop shortcut your getting the security warning from, try this. I just did this on all my shortcuts that were causing the warning to pop up and it works. R click on the shortcut, click 'PROPERTIES' , Click 'GENERAL' , at the bottom of the
    box where it lists 'SECURITY : This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer, " check mark"the 'UNBLOCK' box, click APPLY, and OK.

CarlCarey, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning

1. Windows Security iexplore pop up security warning - Similar Threads - Security iexplore pop

2. Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning: I received a Windows defender security center warning that states my computer has been locked up due to my IP address being used without my knowledge. The audio message says to call 217-282-5011. I presume this is a scam. How do I get rid of this box that popped up and...
  3. Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning: I received a Windows defender security center warning that states my computer has been locked up due to my IP address being used without my knowledge. The audio message says to call 217-282-5011. I presume this is a scam. How do I get rid of this box that popped up and...
  4. security pop up warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security pop up warning: My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked down, to contact windows support. I know this is some sort of malware but not sure how to proceed with shutting down the...
  5. security pop up warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security pop up warning: My other laptop just had a pop up warning from windows defender security center, that advises not shutting down the device , the system has been locked down, to contact windows support. I know this is some sort of malware but not sure how to proceed with shutting down the...
  6. security pop up warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Pop ups on security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop ups on security: Anyone know what this is and how to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-on-security/4d9a029b-fcb9-4001-811d-0f0d748fe51e
  8. A security pop up?!!!!

A security pop up?!!!!: I dont know what is going on! I was just studying and this popped up! I tried calling the help part of microsoft and the security portion but its after hours! Someone plz help ! How do i get rid of this ?? [IMG]...
  9. Windows Security pop up

Windows Security pop up: Every time I start Outlook I get a window similar to the one below asking me to login to my Outlook.com account even though I have marked it to remember my credentials. This is then followed by the window below which keeps popping up every few minutes even after I log in....
  10. System Keeper - A Pop Up Security Warning

System Keeper - A Pop Up Security Warning: I received a warning that my system was infected by two viruses. I have a Surface Book 2 and thought the security protection was enough. Do I need to install another security app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security iexplore pop up

2. windows security iexplore

3. iexplore windows security popup

4. iexplore windows security pop up,
  5. windows security iexplore pop up windows 10,
  6. what is windows security iexplore,
  7. windows security iexplore error,
  8. windows iexplore,
  9. windows security iexplore message,
  10. iexplore windows 10 security popup,
  11. windows 10 security warning popup,