Windows 10: Windows Security image error

Discus and support Windows Security image error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, so i have been getting this error status 0xc000012f. I have literally tried everything that I can think of and I still cant get it to work and let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by baj ., Nov 28, 2023.

1. baj . Win User

Windows Security image error

Hi, so i have been getting this error status 0xc000012f. I have literally tried everything that I can think of and I still cant get it to work and let me open up windows security, I've tried the repair button, doing the sfc scan, a dism scan, trying to reinstall it said error cant find when i tried, and ive done all the commands that they gave when i googled it. the only thing i haven't tried is to reset it completely because I dont want to lose all my saved passwords on like chrome and edge to things and have to redo all my files. if it doesn't do this please let me know because the warn

:)

baj ., Nov 28, 2023
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 28, 2023
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Windows Security image error

Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Windows Security image error :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Windows Security image error :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows Security image error

1. Windows Security image error - Similar Threads - Security image error

2. Windows Security image error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security image error: Hi, so i have been getting this error status 0xc000012f. I have literally tried everything that I can think of and I still cant get it to work and let me open up windows security, I've tried the repair button, doing the sfc scan, a dism scan, trying to reinstall it said error...
  3. Windows Security Error

Windows Security Error: Hey, I believe a virus has made it so I cannot open Windows Security. I am on Windows 11 and whenever I click on it the exact words are "This App Can't Open" and it copies this message "Check the Store for more info about Windows Security." after the error. Would anyone have...
  4. Windows Security Error

Windows Security Error: Hello, so just now I was trying to update "Noxplayer" an android emulator and it says update error so I decided to delete the old file I kept it on "Downloads Data C: it was always detected as False Positive Virus on Windows Security virus & threat protections, so I deleted...
  5. Windows security error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security error: I'm trying to use the windows security but I'm having trouble setting it up. It's not working properly. Im afraid windows defender would not work good enough, I don't want to install other antivirus would it be fine?...
  6. Windows security error

Windows security error: I'm trying to use the windows security but I'm having trouble setting it up. It's not working properly. Im afraid windows defender would not work good enough, I don't want to install other antivirus would it be fine?...
  7. Windows Security error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security error: Hi I have a problem, after updating to windows 11 when opening windows security. So when I open windows security it says "you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link , look for an app in Microsoft store". Please helpi tried this: but its not workingHi, Thank you...
  8. Windows Security error

Windows Security error: Hi I have a problem, after updating to windows 11 when opening windows security. So when I open windows security it says "you'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link , look for an app in Microsoft store". Please helpi tried this: but its not workingHi, Thank you...
  9. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  10. Windows security error?

Windows security error?: So well... i got this virus by trying to download a mod for a videogame.. and i got this virus : PUA:Win32/Presenoker The thing is.. i already got rid of the places where it comes from... and whenever i do a quick scan.. windows defender keeps telling me "Virus detected" or...