Windows 10: Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...

Discus and support Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open windows security, it shows me nothing, and when I search for virus and threat protection, it also shows nothing so I'm a bit... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mno1q, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Mno1q Win User

Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...

Whenever I try to open windows security, it shows me nothing, and when I search for virus and threat protection, it also shows nothing so I'm a bit curious what actually happened to my windows. Please help if someone is able and knows the problem we'll.Regards.What I have tried :Media creation toolMicrosoft scannerMalwarebytesAvast security solutionsAnd some other things, But none solve the issue.

:)

Mno1q, Sep 18, 2021

2. Virus and threat protection not working

Hi there, I recently reinstalled my windows and the Virus and threat protection is down! I have found that I am missing the 'Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service ' and 'Windows Defender Security
    Center Service' files from my services list, I have looked into this and can find no solution to fixing this issue, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!!

Matthew_5196, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Virus & Threat Protection not show up in Windows Security

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Here you have the steps to activate it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401298...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://www.howto-connect.com/disable-enable-vi...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...

Why is "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security?

Hello,

Open Group Policy snap-in by running gpedit.msc command.

Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Defender Security Center > Virus and threat protection.

Set 'Hide the Virus and threat protection area' setting to Not Configured.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...

1. Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing... - Similar Threads - security including defender

2. Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.: I'm using Windows 11, and I currently joined the beta channel on Windows insider Program. My Windows Security is working, but I cannot see the virus & threat protection button in windows defender. I removed my other antiviruses, but still, there's no anywhere for running a...
  3. Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.: I'm using Windows 11, and I currently joined the beta channel on Windows insider Program. My Windows Security is working, but I cannot see the virus & threat protection button in windows defender. I removed my other antiviruses, but still, there's no anywhere for running a...
  4. Virus and threat protection missing from windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection missing from windows security: Virus and threat protection is missing for me from Windows Security and Security at a Glance. When I try to search for it in settings it shows a message that says “Your IT administrator has limited access…” I’ve run malwarebytes with no threats detected and my account is an...
  5. "Virus & Threat Protection" Missing from Windows Security

"Virus & Threat Protection" Missing from Windows Security: So I had been looking at my Task Manager and seeing a lot of things running I didn't recognize, so I thought it would be smart to run a scan of my computer. However, I am now unable to get to the "Virus & Threat Protection" section of Window Security. It shows up in a general...
  6. Virus & threat protection missing in windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus & threat protection missing in windows security: Virus & threat protection is somehow missing in windows security. Can anyone tell me how to fix that? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-missing-in-windows/7f0627ce-9b67-4a16-abaa-9477a3cec36b
  7. Virus & Threat Protection Is Missing In Windows Security.....REVISED

Virus & Threat Protection Is Missing In Windows Security.....REVISED: If the "Virus & Threat Protection" option is missing from Windows Security, I have found a different, and much simpler method, for recovering it. While it may be necessary sometime, to employ the Registry modifications that are described in this link, a much simpler...
  8. VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION IS MISSING FROM WINDOWS SECURITY

VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION IS MISSING FROM WINDOWS SECURITY: Hello all, It is missing from both "Security at a glance" and the "Windows Security" screen. Leaving no way to control the Virus & Threat Protection feature. This problem appears to be happening more frequently. While thecause is unknown, there is a simple Registry...
  9. "Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security

"Virus and threat protection" missing from Windows Security: Split from this thread. Hey Kapil, Could you be more specific on how you find "Administrative templates"? Best regards Emil Sørensen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-missing-from-windows/6ee5d697-4040-4c47-acde-3bafe1d6f42b
  10. Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem

Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem: Hi Microsoft service, I need your help to fix my computer that I had struggle to find why Virus & Threat Protection is not working. I was updated Windows 10 Update. There are some changes to add new feature. Need your help to fix my computer. Regards, Spring...