Windows 10: Windows security is blank/I can't scan using windows defender

Discus and support Windows security is blank/I can't scan using windows defender in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I make my windows defender scan, it doesn't work. When I looked into windows security, no options were available, it was just blank. I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Laxa, Dec 19, 2020.

1. John Laxa Win User

Windows security is blank/I can't scan using windows defender

Whenever I make my windows defender scan, it doesn't work. When I looked into windows security, no options were available, it was just blank. I looked into services, and "Windows security" was disabled, and all the options for it was greyed out. I do not have any third-party virus protection programs.

:)

John Laxa, Dec 19, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Dec 19, 2020
  3. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Windows security is blank/I can't scan using windows defender

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows security is blank/I can't scan using windows defender

1. Windows security is blank/I can't scan using windows defender - Similar Threads - security blank can't

2. windows security-blank page after scan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security-blank page after scan.: I got a message saying to scan my drive because of errors so i clicked on it. In security and maintainance it showed drive being scanned. Now windows security page is blank apart from the 'security at a glance' title....
  3. windows security-blank page after scan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security-blank page after scan.: I got a message saying to scan my drive because of errors so i clicked on it. In security and maintainance it showed drive being scanned. Now windows security page is blank apart from the 'security at a glance' title....
  4. windows security-blank page after scan.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Defender Security Scans

Defender Security Scans: About 10 days ago the scans in my defender quit working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-security-scans/070f14f0-8765-481a-a03c-ff7e3228b9c2
  6. windows defender security scan

windows defender security scan: I CLICK QUICK SCAN FOR VIRUSES AND IT JUST SITS AT 00:00:00, AND THE SAME FOR A FULL SCAN. CAN SOMEBODY HELP PLS???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/77f9a0f3-07de-48ef-a12d-52ef1acf2b2a
  7. I can't do windows defender scans

I can't do windows defender scans: I tried several times to run windows security scan.But every time I click on windows quick scan nothing happens.How do I address this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-do-windows-defender-scans/027e47a9-c132-4b6d-a7f9-dc584ebd938a
  8. CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT...

CAN'T ACTIVATE WINDOWS DEFENDER....."SECURITY AT A GLANCE" IS BLANK.... "VIRUS & THREAT...: Hello to all, These are all symptoms, that theWindows Defender Antivirus Service is missing from your PC. Display the "Services" screen and scroll down to the Windows Defender services. W10 Pro should have 4 services described, and W10 Home should have 3 services...
  9. windows defender security scan freeze

windows defender security scan freeze: In my windows 10 earlier quick scan was stuck at some item number now all security scans quick scan, full scan, offline scan and custom scan are stuck at some item number. item number is not specific. wait for your reply......
  10. Windows Defender Security Scan

Windows Defender Security Scan: I am not able to run a full security scan using defender. After just a few seconds the scan ends. Help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/1938597c-690b-4f2e-a910-24041702f4bb"