Windows 10: Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer

Discus and support Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/97pzq9v44l241.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=b0a75e98b545d2d550c70c1e20979999282fc67d Is there a solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EthFin, Dec 4, 2019.

1. /u/EthFin Win User

Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer

Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer 3I3LdtvP08v1qUvRVWOJHeDh16IRNklcFXbsRhf-aXU.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/97pzq9v44l2...bp&s=b0a75e98b545d2d550c70c1e20979999282fc67d

Is there a solution to this? it started when I try the windows offline scan and then when it booted up and check the windows defender all it says was "Security at a glance." I thought that it needs some update but when I try to check for updates it errors and can't check for it. I tried to reset my computer and wipe all the data it just says "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

submitted by /u/EthFin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EthFin, Dec 4, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 4, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security is Empty, can't check for updates and can't startup repair my computer - Similar Threads - Security Empty can't

2. Can't repair Windows Security blank screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't repair Windows Security blank screen: I've done all of the following and none have worked so far:Restarting nothing changesUpdating Windows nothing changesResetting Windows Security App nothing changesReinstalling Windows Security App nothing changesPerfoming a System File Check sfc and dism download some files...
  3. Can't repair Windows Security blank screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't repair Windows Security blank screen: I've done all of the following and none have worked so far:Restarting nothing changesUpdating Windows nothing changesResetting Windows Security App nothing changesReinstalling Windows Security App nothing changesPerfoming a System File Check sfc and dism download some files...
  4. Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset: Windows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.System restore couldn't complete.I don't have any backup image for the System Image Recovery option.sfc /scannow couldn't fix the issue.dism error/fail, couldn't fix system.How did we get here?I had some issue...
  5. Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't startup, can't repair, can't reset: Windows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.System restore couldn't complete.I don't have any backup image for the System Image Recovery option.sfc /scannow couldn't fix the issue.dism error/fail, couldn't fix system.How did we get here?I had some issue...
  6. Can't repair computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't repair computer: Today I was watching a video and all of a sudden I get a blue screen saying my pc ran into a problem and needs to restart, and it starts making a buzz noise. People said this could happen due to sound issues with graphics drivers, and that very well may be the case because I...
  7. Windows Security empty and can't update Windows 10 0x80070424 error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Security empty and can't update Windows 10 0x80070424 error: Hi! A few days ago I saw that there's nothing in Windows Security App and can't even update the windows 0x80070424 error, so I thought it would be good to reinstall Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft site. After reinstall, things became even worse. The display resolution...
  8. Can't check the updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't check the updates: Hello. A couple of days ago I paused windows updates because my wifi was slow and yesterday I wanted to unpause them but the tab won't load. I waited for 10 minutes and it was still loading . I have the same problem today. submitted by /u/M-Crossy1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't check for update on my Windows 10

Can't check for update on my Windows 10: I'm getting this error 0x80080005 when I try to check for updates on my Windows 10. Can someone help? submitted by /u/Ficho3006 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htydnt/cant_check_for_update_on_my_windows_10/
  10. Can't Check for Windows Update

Can't Check for Windows Update: It's been a month since the last update I received and I know something's wrong, so I manually check for update, but I got an error (0x80080005). I tried to google it but the problem's still there. I found out that one WU service is missing, wuauserv. I tried to use the...