Windows 10: Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for...

Discus and support Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I suck at password management and use my google chrome to ease the load. I just upgraded computers and put a new copy of windows 10 on and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Crazycatdood, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for...

So I suck at password management and use my google chrome to ease the load. I just upgraded computers and put a new copy of windows 10 on and the number of times I had to sign into windows to allow myself access to my own passwords is infuriating. Once a day/session sure ok. Every 10 minutes while I sign in and download all my first time things onto my new computer? GRRRR!!!!! So basically I want windows security to butt out when it comes to my Google/Chrome permissions and accesses but I can't seem to find that option.

submitted by /u/Crazycatdood
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Crazycatdood, Mar 15, 2020

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for... Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for... :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 15, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for...

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for...

1. Windows security is too aggressive, can I disable it or choose to lower the standards for... - Similar Threads - security too aggressive

2. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  3. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  4. Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported": Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1344, latest update: KB5022913.I recently reset my Windows 11 install due to an unrelated issue, but since trying to set everything back up on this new install, I have noticed that I am unable to configure hardware related security in Windows...
  5. Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported"

Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported": Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1344, latest update: KB5022913.I recently reset my Windows 11 install due to an unrelated issue, but since trying to set everything back up on this new install, I have noticed that I am unable to configure hardware related security in Windows...
  6. Lower Edge security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower Edge security settings: How to make lower the security level in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-edge-security-settings/20920d3f-a8c4-407e-9c3b-8bc29ce1b6e4
  7. Lower Edge security settings

Lower Edge security settings: How to make lower the security level in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-edge-security-settings/20920d3f-a8c4-407e-9c3b-8bc29ce1b6e4
  8. Standard Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard Security: Sirs, Why am I told 'Standard hardware security not supported' in Settings, even though I have 20H2 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-security/bd5740f4-113e-4f23-bc99-d48f61a81c13
  9. Security standard hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security standard hardware: In checking my security programs I received a message under Standard Security is not supported. I have tried to do everything I could but I got no positive results. Is my PC in danger of raids? I use Microsoft 10....
  10. Windows Defender Security Center -STANDARD HARDWARE SECURITY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center -STANDARD HARDWARE SECURITY: So I had a "you've got 4 viruses, do nothing, call or contact, do nothing else etc., etc., etc.," (God, I love Windows EDGE) Immediately shut PC down, waited @ 10 minutes, turned on -Ran Windows Defender Scans, including Offline Scan-ran Malwarebytes Premium, ran Adcleaner,...