Windows 10: Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan

Discus and support Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ever since 1903 in June when I do run a scan using Windows Security I get this error message>> [ATTACH] The scan runs in full ( I guess) but I never... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by apppro(2), Aug 29, 2019.

1. apppro(2) Win User

Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan

Ever since 1903 in June when I do run a scan using Windows Security I get this error message>>

Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan f4874b29-d471-4b0c-a85a-4e1659cc23bb?upload=true.jpg

The scan runs in full ( I guess) but I never see results and I get this message.

How do I get rid of this?

I am the administrator!!!

:)

apppro(2), Aug 29, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    ERROR 53 message

Hello,

Run-time Error 53 indicates that there is a missing Windows component. A program you're trying to use will display that error message if the program is attempting to use a dynamic link library, or DLL, file that has been deleted or was never installed properly.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try to run
    System File Checker
    . It will scan for corrupted files and restore it.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan

How to run a full security scan

How do I get Windows 10 / Windows Defender to do a security scan of my computer? I can't find Windows Defender in the list of apps. I can't find an icon to click on to run a full scan.

Thank you for information.

LindaSeltzer, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan

1. Windows Security - IT error message when I run Scan - Similar Threads - Security error message

2. Blue Screen When Running a Full Scan Through Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen When Running a Full Scan Through Windows Security: Hello, when I run a Full Scan using Windows Security it bluescreens my computer. It barely starts when it happens so I know it's not an overheating issue. It happens every time I try to run a Full Scan. I've ran a quick scan and it has no issues, I've also ran an offline...
  3. Blue Screen When Running a Full Scan Through Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen When Running a Full Scan Through Windows Security: Hello, when I run a Full Scan using Windows Security it bluescreens my computer. It barely starts when it happens so I know it's not an overheating issue. It happens every time I try to run a Full Scan. I've ran a quick scan and it has no issues, I've also ran an offline...
  4. i can't run security scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i can't run security scan: I can;t run security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-security-scan/a09be747-d126-42b1-aae2-9e8baf9e3b03
  5. i can't run security scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run security scan: I can;t run security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-security-scan/a09be747-d126-42b1-aae2-9e8baf9e3b03
  6. i can't run security scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Running WIndows security scan

Running WIndows security scan: Earlier today i ran a Windows and virus and threat protection scan. It removed one threat and said there were still 11 others. I have just run another scan and it has still found 11 threats. why isn't it doing anything about them ?...
  8. Error message when trying to scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message when trying to scan: I am getting on my Samsung Xpress C1860 Printer/Fax/Scanner an "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again, if it does not help,please turn the device off, then switch it on and wait while it warms up". However, I've tried this and it...
  9. error message when scanning to email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message when scanning to email: when I try to scan to email wit a hp2622 I get the error message "hp scan application is unable to open your email application, check email configuration email works ok, but I cannot find email stings for the scanner...
  10. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....