Windows 10: Windows Security 'Just checking it's really you"

Discus and support Windows Security 'Just checking it's really you" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am starting to receive notifications from Windows Security that they 'Just need to check it's you" when I open Outlook. This popup window requiring... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David Doherty, May 4, 2021.

1. Windows Security 'Just checking it's really you"

I am starting to receive notifications from Windows Security that they 'Just need to check it's you" when I open Outlook. This popup window requiring me to enter my password before continuing to download e-mails from the server. I have 2 e-mail accounts, one from my internet provider and an Outlook.com account. It is only the Outlook.com account that is blocked until I enter account password, the account with my internet provider is never affected. This has only been happening for the last month or so and is if your listening MS Soooooooooooooo annoying. Any help to stop this would be apprec

:)

David Doherty, May 4, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 4, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 4, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows Security 'Just checking it's really you"

kernel security check failure win 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you with this issue.

This bug check KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

Method 1:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to uninstall the game and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To boot to Safe Mode follow these steps:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe mode, you may try to uninstall and the
    game and check if it works. To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      GFW client and click on Uninstall.

Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    GFW client before uninstalling it.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix common Blue Screen Errors.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security 'Just checking it's really you"

1. Windows Security 'Just checking it's really you" - Similar Threads - Security 'Just checking

2. Windows Security is just blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security is just blank: Good evening moderators,I'm seeing issues in my windows security of Windows 11 device. The windows security gui is blank. Even settings shows that there is no protection. There are some files missing for sechealthui and services too are not there. Please help me. I tried...
  3. Windows Security is just blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is just blank: Good evening moderators,I'm seeing issues in my windows security of Windows 11 device. The windows security gui is blank. Even settings shows that there is no protection. There are some files missing for sechealthui and services too are not there. Please help me. I tried...
  4. Window 7 incredibly slow hope you guys really read this and not just copy paste the tips...

Window 7 incredibly slow hope you guys really read this and not just copy paste the tips...: Theres some probelm with my window 7,it took like 8 minutes to complety bootup and login,everytime after i login the desktop is a complety black screen and it took more 3 minutes to load the window UI and desktop.And i cant even using the web browser like a normal person.Its...
  5. Window 7 incredibly slow hope you guys really read this and not just copy paste the tips...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 incredibly slow hope you guys really read this and not just copy paste the tips...: Theres some probelm with my window 7,it took like 8 minutes to complety bootup and login,everytime after i login the desktop is a complety black screen and it took more 3 minutes to load the window UI and desktop.And i cant even using the web browser like a normal person.Its...
  6. Windows security - check for updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security - check for updates: Recently i have been getting notifications repeatedly daily advising that i need to update, but when i check for updates, it thinks for a long time, but no result. Last update shows as 22 sept. How can i update security? Thanks in advance!! Pete...
  7. Is PHOTOS broken or am I just really really really stupid?

Is PHOTOS broken or am I just really really really stupid?: Any plans to make it so we can actually see our images in PHOTOS? I have been seeing threads dating back to 2014 asking for the ability to view a jpg in all of it's glorious colours. This image is NOT transparent in anyway. There is 0 gradients that use transparency and it is...
  8. Security Check

Security Check: How do I get rid of a pop up page that says I need a 'Security Check'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-check/29012b5a-e173-472c-8b25-45a50b8fa92b
  9. Scam security check

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scam security check: My parents recently fell victim to one of the LogMeIn scams they were only connected for a couple minutes. Is there a way to see what files were accessed and/or copied during that time period? submitted by /u/Shadaris [link] [comments]...
  10. Just Windows Security?

Just Windows Security?: I've always used 3rd party anti-virus and firewall software, but it looks like windows finally offers an in-built package that means I no longer need to buy a security service. Is this advisable? I have a Kaspersky subscription and I read that they can co-exist, but removing...