Windows 10: Windows Security, list of scanned files

Discus and support Windows Security, list of scanned files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Regarding the new Windows Security app Questions: 1) Where can I find a list of files included in latest (quick) scan.? 2) Where can I find a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karsten Nedergaard, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Windows Security, list of scanned files

Hi

Regarding the new Windows Security app

Questions:

1) Where can I find a list of files included in latest (quick) scan.?

2) Where can I find a list of file type default not included in a scanning?

3) Where can I find the list of disks included in the next scanning?

Regards

:)

Karsten Nedergaard, Oct 10, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 10, 2018
  3. eidairaman1, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Windows Security, list of scanned files

Scanned Documents will not post to file in Windows 10

Hi Dougars,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.

Next try to scan the documents and check if it shows the same error code.

Please let us know if it’s working.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows Security, list of scanned files

1. Windows Security, list of scanned files - Similar Threads - Security list scanned

2. Windows Defender: List of Data scanned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender: List of Data scanned: Hello,Where will I found the list of data files, paths, processes,... scanned by Windows Defender?I am able to find the list of exclusions but not the reverse!!! I have checked the Event ViewerWindows logsApplicationSecuritySystemApplications and ServicesMicrosoft > Windows >...
  3. Windows Defender: List of Data scanned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender: List of Data scanned: Hello,Where will I found the list of data files, paths, processes,... scanned by Windows Defender?I am able to find the list of exclusions but not the reverse!!! I have checked the Event ViewerWindows logsApplicationSecuritySystemApplications and ServicesMicrosoft > Windows >...
  4. Windows Defender: List of Data scanned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. security scans for windows 11s

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security scans for windows 11s: WHY CAN'T I RUN A MANUAL SECURITY SCAN, QUICK OR FULL, WHEN I HAVE WINDOWS 11s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-scans-for-windows-11s/29fb0116-7c69-4ffa-948f-bb6d83031ef4
  6. Microsoft security millions of files quick scan

Microsoft security millions of files quick scan: Microsoft security Quick scan is showing me millions of files, about an hour in, it shows 500 thousand and it doesn't even reach halfway. the bar just stops completely and I have no way to make sure there are that many files on my laptop, somebody please help, my laptop...
  7. Windows Security exclusions list

Windows Security exclusions list: After getting message saying Administrator blocked the execution of a file deemed unsafe, i.e. "D:\setup.exe", which came with my 8 year old Samsung multifunction printer, I added it to the Windows Security exclusions list and ran again. Unfortunately, I get the same...
  8. Windows Security File Scanning Restricted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security File Scanning Restricted: I was trying to scan my files in the laptop but windows security won't let me. The picture below is the one I have encountered -- which restricts me to scan my files. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows security scan

Windows security scan: Hi all, Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The same thing happened when I ran McAfee so I was wondering whether this is normal for the scanning process. as it is not...
  10. windows security quick scan

windows security quick scan: when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-quick-scan/61e607c8-d79e-4601-bafc-bcc7eb507e4d