Windows 10: Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network

Discus and support Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started having this problem where every time I try to connect to a wireless network or even open the Network settings, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cakewatcher, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network

Hello,

I recently started having this problem where every time I try to connect to a wireless network or even open the Network settings, I am prompted to login by Windows security. I have tried to log-in using my local PC login info as well as my microsoft account login info and neither of those work. As a result I am unable to use the wifi on my computer. This does not happen when I connect with ethernet cable. How do I disable/resolve this?

This pops up:

Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network [​IMG]

:)

Cakewatcher, Aug 30, 2015
  2. argaebel Win User

E71 No Gateway Reply

I'm a relatively new E71 user which I bought to use while on Sabbatical. I'm at St. Bonaventure University in W.NY and find that my phone 'sees' their wireless network (students) and connects to it but won't bring up a web page for me to go further. It
    responds with the "No Gateway Reply". I have read many of the posts here and contacted the University Tech helpdesk only to get this response...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We don’t support these devices on our network. We have found that some phones work with our Cisco wireless and the security protocol it runs and others do not. Your phone has to have a browser that will display a login page when connected to our network.
    Use your SBU email login and password to complete the connection to the wireless network. Our network is a DHCP network and due to security reasons we don’t static assign IP settings to devices for them to connect. The issue is not with IP’s and proxy servers.
    We don’t use a proxy server on our network either as it is not needed. I’m sure the issue is with the device not authenticating with the wireless network. Try connecting again and then launch a browser and it should pull up a login webpage for you to login
    too. If it doesn’t you phone may not be compatible with our wireless network.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a better browser that I should download from somewhere to get around this?

Is it only a security concern and if so what should I be doing/trying?

WLAN security mode is currently set to "open network" in Tools\Settings\Connection\AccessPoints\Students.

Thanks

Alan

argaebel, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Windows Security Pop up

I am using Windows 10.

Everytime I try to connect to a wireless network the windows security tab pops up and even after typing the username and password, It shows, "cannot connect to the network".

I was using the wireless connection for a year and then went out of the country for a couple of months and was using another wireless connection there. Since, I am back I facing this issue.

However, the same connection works fine via LAN cable.

The pop up window looks like this:

AJARSHARMA, Aug 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network

Any Network shares that you have the computer set up to connect to? That pop-up is when the computer needs to connect to a Share, not the Wifi.

What is the manufacturer and model of the Gateway that you are using to connect to.

bro67, Aug 30, 2015
  5. uindoz Win User
    Same issue here. I have two Windows 10 laptops and I can't get one of them to connect to my home Wifi network. Whenever I try to connect, I get the "Windows security" popup, asking me for credentials. This is NOT the "Wireless password" popup, but something else.

My network card is "Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter", running on an Aspire 7741G laptop. Upgrading to newer drivers from the Windows Update Catalog, will let you know how it goes.

uindoz, Aug 30, 2015
  6. uindoz Win User
    Upgrading the drivers solved nothing. Neither did unchecking the power option in Device Manager.
    What I ended up doing is using another router. With this new setup, the problem doesn't seem to show up any more.

uindoz, Aug 30, 2015
  7. i got the same problem
    i´m unable to connect with the wifi network

does anyone got further informations to solve this problem?

probswithwifi, Oct 19, 2016
  8. Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network

I had the same problem and managed to solve it like so:

I went to Network Settings:

And then selected "Network Reset." Doing this will make Windows forget the connection credentials for the WiFi, so you'll have to re-enter them after you restart your computer, but I didn't get burdened by the Windows Security pop-up that was blocking me from connecting.

ArbitraryRenais, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network

1. Windows Security Login pop up when connecting to wireless Network - Similar Threads - Security Login pop

2. Windows Security sign-in pop-up when trying to connect to wifi??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security sign-in pop-up when trying to connect to wifi??: I just restarted my computer to allow it to update and now I can't connect to wifi networks without a stupid Windows Security pop-up asking me to sign in. I don't know my username and password, because I'm pretty sure I never set anything up for Windows Security. This has...
  3. Windows Security sign-in pop-up when trying to connect to wifi??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security sign-in pop-up when trying to connect to wifi??: I just restarted my computer to allow it to update and now I can't connect to wifi networks without a stupid Windows Security pop-up asking me to sign in. I don't know my username and password, because I'm pretty sure I never set anything up for Windows Security. This has...
  4. Windows Security POP UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security POP UP: Hi,The following window constantly keeps appearing every so often on my screen and anytime I enter my pin it disappears and later pops up again.I am also signed out of all google accounts and cannot see the issue of why this appears, Our IT team took a look and could not fix...
  5. Windows Security pop up

Windows Security pop up: Hello I am trying to add a calendar onto outlook from an internet source, and keep getting a Windows Security popup asking for connexion credentials. Have tried many including my microsoft one and it keeps on popping up...
  6. Window security pop up when trying to connect school Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window security pop up when trying to connect school Internet: My surface laptop tried to connect with students internet then sudden pop up window security to enter login and password. Usedadmin login n password but unfortunately not able to access. All login info is also updated as it opens his Microsoft account but window security not...
  7. Window security pop up when trying to connect school Internet

Window security pop up when trying to connect school Internet: My surface laptop tried to connect with students internet then sudden pop up window security to enter login and password. Usedadmin login n password but unfortunately not able to access. All login info is also updated as it opens his Microsoft account but window security not...
  8. Windows Security Pop up

Windows Security Pop up: Hello,recently we noticed that some users are facing problems with the security pop-up. It prompts them to enter the credentials but keep showing up several times like every few seconds. For some, It happens when they try to log in to Outlook app, and for others when trying...
  9. Windows Security Pop UP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Pop UP: Hi all, I have a windows security popup screen every time I start my pc as shown in the picture. The issue is, I have no idea what driver is being installed. How to find out what driver is the security risk in question? thank you. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Security pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security pop up: Every time I start Outlook I get a window similar to the one below asking me to login to my Outlook.com account even though I have marked it to remember my credentials. This is then followed by the window below which keeps popping up every few minutes even after I log in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security login pop up when connecting to a wireless network

2. windows security connecting to

3. windows securtiy login popup wifi

4. Windows 10 :Windows Security box with iexplore connecting to...,
  5. windows security connecting to pop up,
  6. windows security pop up while connecting to wifi