Windows 10: Windows Security Making Sure it's you

Discus and support Windows Security Making Sure it's you in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LUVSITE, Mar 31, 2023.

1. LUVSITE Win User

Windows Security Making Sure it's you

I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with this, I am being locked out because of this. I am 78 years old disabled veteran badly in need of help with this, cannot figure it out and would appreciate any help.

:)

LUVSITE, Mar 31, 2023
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 31, 2023
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Windows Security Making Sure it's you

1. Windows Security Making Sure it's you - Similar Threads - Security Making Sure

2. Windows sign in "making sure it's you" for Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sign in "making sure it's you" for Minecraft: I have a windows account linked to my minecraft account. when I log into the account in the minecraft launcher windows hello asks me to "making sure it's you" and prompts me for a pin. The pin seems to be incorrect no matter what. So i cant log into my minecraft account.I...
  3. making sure its you popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    making sure its you popup: Authenticity and safety of making sure its you popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-sure-its-you-popup/45256e90-7098-481d-89e8-543cb7919b1f
  4. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  5. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  6. Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up: I am getting the Windows "Making sure it's you" Pop up on one specific application. The software is called mSecure. I did notice it does not show up in the program and features listing.I am running Windows 10 on an HP Envy 360 convertible....
  7. Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up: I am getting the Windows "Making sure it's you" Pop up on one specific application. The software is called mSecure. I did notice it does not show up in the program and features listing.I am running Windows 10 on an HP Envy 360 convertible....
  8. Windows Security "Making sure it's you" Pop up

9. Windows 10 Security: Making Sure it's you - pop up 2021

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Security: Making Sure it's you - pop up 2021: just been annoyed with this for a couple of hours. It happened after I changed my Microsoft password (online, for email reasons), but it didn't update it on the PC, apparently. I couldn't open any other option to Sing In, other than PIN. Also, couldn't find any up to date...
  10. Windows security "Making sure it's you" Pop up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows security "Making sure it's you" Pop up.: Hi How do I stop the - Windows security "Making sure it's you" Pop up. I get this Pop up and then it closes the browser. SOOOOO ANNOYING Anyone have a remedy? ? ? Thanks in advance [ATTACH]...