Windows 10: Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator"

Discus and support Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I can not get access in it even if I don't have any third party antivirus app in my laptop. now what should I do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shuvo Udoy, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator"

Split from this thread.​

I can not get access in it even if I don't have any third party antivirus app in my laptop. now what should I do?

:)

Shuvo Udoy, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

*Some settings are managed by your organisation

I see that message after rebooting having installed updates. The message goes away after a couple of minutes or if you do another manual search for updates. I just put this down to the usual MS lax quality control.

You can peruse All Tasks in both places in Group Policy Editor to see if anything has been configured. I've solved that message "Some settings are managed by...." as follows:
    1. Open Group Policy Editor and peruse both listings for Administrative Templates / All settings
    2. Find any rules related to your problem - in this case Windows Update
    3. Select Enabled for each rule, select Apply. Then select Not Configured, select Apply.
    4. Toggling the rules on/off as above has removed the message "Some settings .." a few times for me. I don't know whybut it works!

Steve C, Apr 27, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator"

Steve C, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator"

1. Windows Security Message "this setting is managed by administrator" - Similar Threads - Security Message setting

2. All of my Windows Security Settings is managed by administrator or is greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my Windows Security Settings is managed by administrator or is greyed out?: I wanted to turn my Real Time protection on and I saw this I don't remember how this could of happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-windows-security-settings-is-managed-by/6a039ec7-a686-4ab7-87e2-6099c79b3ce6
  3. All of my Windows Security Settings is managed by administrator or is greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my Windows Security Settings is managed by administrator or is greyed out?: I wanted to turn my Real Time protection on and I saw this I don't remember how this could of happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-windows-security-settings-is-managed-by/6a039ec7-a686-4ab7-87e2-6099c79b3ce6
  4. All of my Windows Security Settings is managed by administrator or is greyed out?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  6. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...: I am getting this message after enabling BitLocker. I checked the group policy settings for BitLocker but none of them were enabled or disabled. It only says that it is not configured. Is this normal? How to get rid of this message?...
  7. "For your security, some settings are managed by your system administrator." message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Settings managed by administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings managed by administrator: Hello! I got a new work laptop last week with Windows 10 I work for a university. It has been frustrating how limited it is because so many of the settings are managed by my administrator and so many features are disabled. I do not want to contact my IT because there stock...
  9. Memory integrity in Windows security center says "this setting is managed by administrator".

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Memory integrity in Windows security center says "this setting is managed by administrator".: When installing VMWare virtual machine, I used the deployment image service and management tool (dgreadiness_v3.6) to turn it off, but could not turn it back on. The memory integrity Settings showed that "this setting is managed by the administrator" and could not be turned...
  10. "This setting is managed by your administrator" on Windows Security settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" on Windows Security settings: Hi! Can anyone help me with this? Ever since my Windows 10 updated, this happened. I cannot control the settings of my Windows Security and it seems like I am not the Administrator of my laptop even though my account states that I am set as the Administrator. Any assistance...