Windows 10: Windows Security Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Windows Security Microsoft Edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Edge is locked up with a request from buddhistorica.xyz for username and password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DrillSgtMurphy, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows Security Microsoft Edge

Edge is locked up with a request from buddhistorica.xyz for username and password.

:)

DrillSgtMurphy, Jul 13, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 13, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Windows Security Microsoft Edge

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security Microsoft Edge

1. Windows Security Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Security Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge 88 Privacy and Security Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge 88 Privacy and Security Updates: We can hardly believe it’s been about one year since we launched the new Microsoft Edge – and what a year it’s been! It’s safe to say that a lot has changed since our launch in January 2020, but one thing that remains constant...
  3. Security with windows 10 and Microsoft Edge and Norton 360

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security with windows 10 and Microsoft Edge and Norton 360: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge and it would not load correctly with Norton 360. I just bought a new laptop and was wondering when I set it up do I even need a security program other than what comes with Microsoft Edge and Window 10? If I do need more security, I would...
  4. Fake Security warnings using Microsoft Edge

Fake Security warnings using Microsoft Edge: I recently have been getting fake security warnings using Microsoft Edge. I posted a question about this on 3-7-2020 and got the following email screen shot message appearing to be from Microsoft. It's senders address from "Properties" was Microsoft *** Email address is...
  5. Pop up Windows Security Microsoft Edge

Pop up Windows Security Microsoft Edge: On my PC running Windows 10, I have a popup. A loud message: do not shut down, On the screen there is a Box has Windows Security in small font, typed above Microsoft Edge. Below, the Microsoft Edge line, is The server 000226 gq is asking for your user name and password...
  6. Microsoft Edge security alert

Microsoft Edge security alert: I have a pop up alert from Microsoft Edge telling me to ring a particular phone number, i know it is a scam but want to know how to remove it, do i just do a hard shutdown?...
  7. Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge: Look, I'm not even going to pretend I understand everything I read from TrendLabs, but this is for those who do/might*Smile Internet Explorer is possibly the most popular target for vulnerabilities around today. In 2014 alone, a total of 243 memory corruption...
  8. Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Security Certificate Error?: In Microsoft Edge browser no matter what website I go to this error pops up. I've tried a bunch of different things already with no prevail. Anyone got a fix for this? I'd Appreciate it. [img] 55109
  9. Microsoft Edge TLS Security

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security: I run Webmin on my local LAN. Firefox opens and runs this without any problem. When I try Webmin to open with Microsoft Edge I get the fommowing error: Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If...
  10. Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost: Microsoft is pulling out all the stops to boost the appeal of Windows 10 to a global user audience. Most recently, these efforts have included tighter security measures for new minimalist browser, Microsoft Edge. Edge, formerly codenamed Project Spartan, is one of the many...