Windows 10: Windows Security missing automatic scan?

Discus and support Windows Security missing automatic scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings, I've only recently realised but I could of sworn windows 10 security had a automatic scan feature, so scan every week or day. well I noticed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeTrueZenith, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Windows Security missing automatic scan?

Greetings, I've only recently realised but I could of sworn windows 10 security had a automatic scan feature, so scan every week or day. well I noticed it's completely missing? task scheduler has no task for a scan, registry has nothing either. there is literally nothing hinting it existed except the settings saying it can do periodic scan but with no option to do so? all posts and help i can find are almost useless..

Is this just me? Did this feature never exist?? it's been worrying me. Cheers for any help.

:)

LeTrueZenith, Mar 5, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Windows Security missing automatic scan? [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Windows Security missing automatic scan? [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Windows Security missing automatic scan?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security missing automatic scan?

1. Windows Security missing automatic scan? - Similar Threads - Security missing automatic

2. security scans for windows 11s

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security scans for windows 11s: WHY CAN'T I RUN A MANUAL SECURITY SCAN, QUICK OR FULL, WHEN I HAVE WINDOWS 11s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-scans-for-windows-11s/29fb0116-7c69-4ffa-948f-bb6d83031ef4
  3. Automatic Scan in Windows Defender

Automatic Scan in Windows Defender: Can Windows Defender be set to automatically scan at desired intervals?[Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/automatic-scan-in-windows-defender/f55df008-d13a-4d73-98ea-0b5ae3857f37
  4. Security Scan Required: missing item indication.

Security Scan Required: missing item indication.: Hi.I sometimes must deal with system's notifications like:Security scan requiredYour administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds.Pressing on this notification just redirect me to a generic help page on docs.microsoft.com which...
  5. windows defender security scan

windows defender security scan: I CLICK QUICK SCAN FOR VIRUSES AND IT JUST SITS AT 00:00:00, AND THE SAME FOR A FULL SCAN. CAN SOMEBODY HELP PLS???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/77f9a0f3-07de-48ef-a12d-52ef1acf2b2a
  6. Running WIndows security scan

Running WIndows security scan: Earlier today i ran a Windows and virus and threat protection scan. It removed one threat and said there were still 11 others. I have just run another scan and it has still found 11 threats. why isn't it doing anything about them ?...
  7. Windows security scan

Windows security scan: Hi all, Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The same thing happened when I ran McAfee so I was wondering whether this is normal for the scanning process. as it is not...
  8. windows security quick scan

windows security quick scan: when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-quick-scan/61e607c8-d79e-4601-bafc-bcc7eb507e4d
  9. Windows Security offline scan

Windows Security offline scan: How affective is the WS offline scan? Is there a better alternative?*Confused 146098
  10. Windows Defender Security Scan

Windows Defender Security Scan: I am not able to run a full security scan using defender. After just a few seconds the scan ends. Help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/1938597c-690b-4f2e-a910-24041702f4bb"