Windows 10: Windows Security Nag Screen

Discus and support Windows Security Nag Screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All at once I am getting this nag whenever I try to PC's on the network. How do you get rid of it? What do they mean by credentials? 86624 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jackman33, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Windows Security Nag Screen

All at once I am getting this nag whenever I try to PC's on the network. How do you get rid of it? What do they mean by credentials?

:)

Jackman33, Jun 12, 2017

2. How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Original Title: How to stop the security reminder nag?

Hi Guys,

How can I stop the security reminder nag. Every 20mins or so, the 'New Notification' icon 'pings' and it says, you need to update your security details on your Microsoft Outlook account. I don't want Microsoft to have these details. And I don't want my
    PC to nag about it.

How can I make it stop.

Simon

Trooper tk-421, Jun 12, 2017
  3. How do I permanently remove the GWX icon from my taskbar?

Remove the following optional windows update (KB3035583) and the nag screen will be gone

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 12, 2017
  4. Windows Security Nag Screen

Credentials are user name and password.

Think of it as logging into mail. On the computer you are trying to access, who is it you are trying to sign in as, and to prove you are who you say you are, what is the password.

Caledon Ken, Jun 13, 2017
  5. Jackman33 Win User
    Okay, I am trying to take this one step at a time. The user name doesn't have to be my Microsoft account and password? I tried setting up my credentials with those and it won't save my password. My password is 9 characters long and the program will only show 8 characters. Would each pc need to have its own credential or can they all be the same?

Jackman33, Jun 13, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    No, if your using a Local Account.

Yes, each PC will need credentials for the PC and/or PC's your wanting to connect to.
    Note: The username and password COULD be the same, if that's how you setup the Local Accounts for each PC.

Example:
    Computer A
    PC Name - PCA
    User - UserA
    Password - 123456

Computer B
    PC Name - PCB
    User - UserB
    Password - 567890

On computer A add Windows Credentials for Computer B using it's Account Info
    On computer B add Windows Credentials for Computer A using it's Account Info

Eagle51, Jun 13, 2017
  7. Jackman33 Win User
    Thanks much for the reply!

I have made some progress. I have 3 pc's on the network. Pc's 1 and 2 see each other and pc 3 sees them, but pc 3 isn't seen by 1 and 2. Keep getting the credential pop up. I have the credentials set with me as the user on all 3 and have different passwords for each of the 3. I have all of the sharing set to share and the turned off password protected sharing.

I'm lost!!

Jackman33, Jun 14, 2017
  8. Windows Security Nag Screen

Is PC3 wireless. Any chance the network is set to public and not private.

There have been plenty of issues about sharing, some pointing too V1703.

Any chance PC3 is running V1703.

Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 15, 2017
  9. Jackman33 Win User
    Yes, it is ver 1703. 1 pc just updated to ver 1703 this AM and the other pc is ver 1607. All 3 are set to Private and all are connected Ethernet and all 3 are set "no" password sharing.

I have been looking around on the 3 connections and the one I have problem with says it is on Network 3 and the other 2 are running okay show the name of my network like XXXXXX and XXXXXX 2.

Jackman33, Jun 15, 2017
  10. You could try doing a network reset on 3. This will erase all memories of the networks and when you connect it should be yyyyyy 1

When I'm wired my networks are called Network. Network names only show when I'm wireless. Do you see the wired or wireless symbol in your systray for the two devices showing your network name?

You are likely dealing with this share issue from 1703. There is a trouble shooter for shared files.

In one thread the member found if everything was powered down and then the 1607 machines were started before the 1703 it would work. Now that individual was using Homegroups.

I wish I knew answer. At least you are past the credential issue. I would search sharing and 1703. I will also search our forum when I get a moment. I'm supposed to be renovating a bathroom.

Ken

11. Jackman33 Win User
    How do you do a network reset? The wired or wireless symbol, what does that look like? What I see is a symbol resembling a monitor and attachment on its side.

Get the bathroom done!

Jackman33, Jun 15, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    It is in settings - search for "Network reset" - it looks like this...

13. Windows Security Nag Screen

The thing that looks like a monitor with an Ethernet cable standing beside it is wired. The wireless symbol looks like multiple quarter arcs or what some of my students call a fan.

14. Jackman33 Win User
    Reset all 3 machines so all are the same Network. Cussed machine still won't talk with the others!

Jackman33, Jun 15, 2017
  15. Has anything changed as to who can see who. From your post a while back....

Pc's 1 and 2 see each other and pc 3 sees them, but pc 3 isn't seen by 1 and 2.

Can any of the machines share info, like 1 and 2?

Did you run the Sharing Trouble Shooter? In 1607 type Troubleshooters in Cortana, in 1703 it is in Settings, Update & security.

Could you please power cycle your router.

What are you using for AV / firewalls? If 1 and 2 can't talk to one another then we should disable firewalls.

Probably should have asked this right at the start. Is this a new problem not being able to share? Did you mark the folders, like documents shareable?

Ken

Thema:

Windows Security Nag Screen

1. Windows Security Nag Screen - Similar Threads - Security Nag Screen

2. Backup Nag Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Nag Screen: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3235 OEM version.This has happened twice today since your latest update...When I go to Start>Settings, when the Settings page opens there is a NAG SCREEN about backing up my computer. Does anyone know how to get rid of that NAG SCREEN? I'm sorry but I am...
  3. Backup Nag Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Nag Screen: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3235 OEM version.This has happened twice today since your latest update...When I go to Start>Settings, when the Settings page opens there is a NAG SCREEN about backing up my computer. Does anyone know how to get rid of that NAG SCREEN? I'm sorry but I am...
  4. Windows Nag screen for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Nag screen for Windows 11: Windows 10 Release preview. I am well aware that my 1st generation Threadripper does not meet Windows 11 requirements. So I am running Windows 10 on this machine. Does anyone know how to get rid of Microsofts Nag screen when looking at Windows Updates?...
  5. Windows Nag screen for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Nag screen for Windows 11: Windows 10 Release preview. I am well aware that my 1st generation Threadripper does not meet Windows 11 requirements. So I am running Windows 10 on this machine. Does anyone know how to get rid of Microsofts Nag screen when looking at Windows Updates?...
  6. Windows Nag screen for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Disable Windows Hello nag screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Windows Hello nag screen: How do I stop this on my desktop, which has no biometric capability. I unchecked this, but it has no effect 183749
  8. Nag security entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nag security entry: everytime I open file manager to click on a file, it asks me for my login password. This is getting extremely annoying as it asks for this log in for every little triffle thing. Clearly nothing has changed for this to suddenly become so demanding. I haven't installed any new...
  9. winscomrssrv.dll nag screen

winscomrssrv.dll nag screen: Although I have successfully removed winscomrssrv.dll, I still get a nag screen on startup, saying the file cannot be found. I have run the "Auto startupscan" utility many times, and no winscomrssrv.dll can be found! How do I get rid of the nag error screen?...
  10. Turn on windows security center service nagging message

Turn on windows security center service nagging message: [img] Every time I switch on my PC, after about 5 minutes, I get this annoying notification (see picture) from my OS asking me to turn on the security center service; please, note that, on my PC, I am judge, jury and executioner, meaning I decide what stays on and off, at...