Windows 10: Windows security network credentials does not recognize password

Discus and support Windows security network credentials does not recognize password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem began right after my most recent Windows 10 update earlier this week. Until then I did not have a problem. We have a small home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Barbara-Also, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows security network credentials does not recognize password

This problem began right after my most recent Windows 10 update earlier this week. Until then I did not have a problem.

We have a small home office. Our LAN has 4 desktops with ethernet connections, 2 laptops that connect wirelessly, and a NAS server with ethernet connection. My desktop computer is the only one exhibiting this problem.

The NAS is mapped to have 6 drives in addition to the 2 that came from the maunfacuturer. The drives are password protected. When I try to access the NAS drive I get the windows security network credential popup asking for a password. I enter the password, but it is not accepted.

I have checked and re-entered the password in the Credentials Manager. I have rebooted several times. I checked the NAS setting in the navigator and re-entered the password there, as well.

I can ping the NAS. I can access the internet. I can read the drives on the NAS that are not password protected.

I have googled everywhere and I am at my wits end.

Thankfully, this problem is only on my computer.

There is a not a "show" option to see the password in the Credentials Manager. I have even typed the password into Notepad document and then copy-pasted it into the password.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Barbara-Also, Jul 26, 2020

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Windows security network credentials does not recognize password

Edit Network Credentials

I just got my laptop back from the repair shop where the HD was wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled. I want to share other network devices, but I'm being asked for my Network Credentials. I don't know what they are. I can follow the steps to get to the credentials
    details link from Control Panel, but I can't seem to change or remove the hidden password. Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Phil Irons, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows security network credentials does not recognize password

1. Windows security network credentials does not recognize password - Similar Threads - security network credentials

2. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Network Credential Windows Security: Hello,I am having a hard time of connecting to the server on our network. All permissions are granted to everyone on our network as long as they are hard wired onto an ethernet plug. I have tried deleting my Windows credentials from Credential Manager and I have tried...
  3. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Network Credential Windows Security: Hello,I am having a hard time of connecting to the server on our network. All permissions are granted to everyone on our network as long as they are hard wired onto an ethernet plug. I have tried deleting my Windows credentials from Credential Manager and I have tried...
  4. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Credentials password is truncated

Network Credentials password is truncated: I have followed the thread "Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password" which seems to have ended without resolution. In trying to follow the recommended fixes I notice the following situation:I change the password for one of the Windows Credentials, and the...
  6. WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS

WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS: Had to do a complete reinstall of windows a few days ago and now cannot access by Synology DS918+. The NAS server shows up in my Private Network but when I try to access it I need to input Windows Security Network Password. I have gone into advance share settings and...
  7. Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password

Windows 10 does not recognize Network Credentials Password: This problem began after my updated to Windows 10 2004 on July 23. My desktop computer is the only one on the network currently having this problem. It has ethernet connection to our Network. We have a NAS with several virtual drives on it that are password protected....
  8. Windows does not recognize password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows does not recognize password: Dell Inspirion 1550 Windows 10-64. Attempting to restart in safe mode and windows asking for a password. Have used present and all past passwords, none are recoginized. Unable to connect to network until logon so changing password on line does not work....
  9. Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect: When file sharing it asks me to enter my windows credentials before gaining access to the folder. On both my PCs I am using my Microsoft email account as an administrator account and tried using the password for that account and many variations of a username but it still says...
  10. Windows Security - Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security - Enter network credentials: When I try to access my second computer it asks for my network credentials. How do I find out what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-enter-network-credentials/36719ca4-1fb7-416a-ae10-6c6a31b883cd