Windows 10: Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect

Discus and support Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When file sharing it asks me to enter my windows credentials before gaining access to the folder. On both my PCs I am using my Microsoft email account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hbsterling, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect

When file sharing it asks me to enter my windows credentials before gaining access to the folder. On both my PCs I am using my Microsoft email account as an administrator account and tried using the password for that account and many variations of a username but it still says incorrect. I know making a local user would work but can not use my admin Microsoft account credentials?

submitted by /u/hbsterling
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hbsterling, Jul 10, 2020

2. Network Credentials - Windows 10

Hi Ford,

On this thread, one of the mentioned reasons why you encounter the networking error is due to an incorrect setup on the credentials. To determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• How many devices are affected?
    • Are you getting any error messages when connecting to a network? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect

1. Windows Security Network Credentials Incorrect - Similar Threads - Security Network Credentials

2. Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Credentials Incorrect: I've been facing an issue with my second desktop this is not connected to MS account--will never be, and is on Local account, because it's an home PC with a single user.I usually fetch files from my main PC which is connected to an MS account, however, this time, it fails to...
  3. Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Credentials Incorrect: I've been facing an issue with my second desktop this is not connected to MS account--will never be, and is on Local account, because it's an home PC with a single user.I usually fetch files from my main PC which is connected to an MS account, however, this time, it fails to...
  4. Network Credentials Incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Network Credential Windows Security: Hello,I am having a hard time of connecting to the server on our network. All permissions are granted to everyone on our network as long as they are hard wired onto an ethernet plug. I have tried deleting my Windows credentials from Credential Manager and I have tried...
  6. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Network Credential Windows Security: Hello,I am having a hard time of connecting to the server on our network. All permissions are granted to everyone on our network as long as they are hard wired onto an ethernet plug. I have tried deleting my Windows credentials from Credential Manager and I have tried...
  7. Issue with Network Credential Windows Security

8. Windows 10 Network Share - Incorrect Credentials

Windows 10 Network Share - Incorrect Credentials: Hello, I have ran into a problem of windows not accepting my credentials to access a network share on my computer. All of my computers are linked with a Microsoft account. Normally when prompted for credentials, I enter my Microsoft account email and password and it works....
  9. WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS

WINDOWS SECURITY ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS: Had to do a complete reinstall of windows a few days ago and now cannot access by Synology DS918+. The NAS server shows up in my Private Network but when I try to access it I need to input Windows Security Network Password. I have gone into advance share settings and...
  10. "Incorrect" Windows network credentials

"Incorrect" Windows network credentials: Been trying to connect to another PC on the same Wi-Fi network. Had some issues regarding the PC not appearing in the Network tab in File Explorer, but managed to fix it by navigating to Services and setting both, Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery...