Windows 10: Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Discus and support Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Dell system with Windows 10 v21H2. I noticed that, in the Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection window, under Current threats, it says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ln899, Jan 15, 2022.

1. ln899 Win User

Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working

I have a Dell system with Windows 10 v21H2. I noticed that, in the Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection window, under Current threats, it says "Threats found. Start the recommended actions." However, the Start Actions button, when clicked, changes quivers a little but is otherwise non-functional. Nothing happens when I click it.Curiously, on the Windows Security home screen, under Virus & threat protection, it says "No action needed."I've run Full scan with Windows Defender, as well as with Malwarebytes Premium. Found nothing. I've also run MS Safety Scanner, which reports t

:)

ln899, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Chatman99 Win User

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender is telling me "Virus & threat protection. Threats found. Start the recommended actions." There is a button below, which says "Start actions". Clicking this button has no effect. Should I just ignore it?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Chatman99, Jan 15, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Dr. P Win User

Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

The Windows Defender Tool is almost unusable and has an ineffective GUI because I cannot save the results of the scan to a file and because the "Start action" button does not remove them or say why it will not remove them.

Problem noticed after running a full system scan that took nearly 60 hours to finish.

Several threats found. Note: found 34 threats, but does not show total number of files scanned (more than 120 M observed while running from progress screen).

"Start actions" button does not perform any actions.

The button does respond to a mouse click event and the screen refreshes, but no threats are removed.

Bigger problem is the results are shown only on screen with no option to save results to a text file. After reboot how do I find them to be able to remove them?

So how do I remove these threats? Do I simply delete the files?

This product does not appear to work correctly. Looking down at the bottom of the report a comment indicates "Last scan (quick scan)" and it shows that 34 threats were found with 101263 files scanned. So how many were removed, if any?

Dr. P, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working - Similar Threads - Security Action Needed

2. Windows security stuck at 'threats found, start recommended actions'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security stuck at 'threats found, start recommended actions': I recently download a file that was tagged as a virus. Before windows security could delete it however, I myself deleted the file from the computer. Now my Windows Security is stuck in a loop that shows "threats found, start recommend actions" where pressing the start actions...
  3. Windows security stuck at 'threats found, start recommended actions'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security stuck at 'threats found, start recommended actions': I recently download a file that was tagged as a virus. Before windows security could delete it however, I myself deleted the file from the computer. Now my Windows Security is stuck in a loop that shows "threats found, start recommend actions" where pressing the start actions...
  4. Threats found. Start the recommended actions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threats found. Start the recommended actions.: Threats found. Start the recommended actions. but how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threats-found-start-the-recommended-actions/3f6f4e9a-c25a-4c57-b1d6-4e10ec6727b1
  5. Threat found- action needed

Threat found- action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  6. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  7. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  8. Threat found - action needed

9. Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.

Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.: Ok, so, my laptop recently started to do some weird things - like I couldn't write some symbols at e-mail subject when using MS Outlook, I couldn't change column names in Excel, mouse pointer started to move randomly. Restarting usually helped, but for a while. I opened the...
  10. Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?: I see windows security did a scan and found "threat found, action needed status active active threats have not been mediated and are running on your device. (a trojan, trojan:Win32/DropCheetak.AA!MTB) If I click on the actions button and select remove, nothing happens. but I...